Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 08-30-2009, 11:01 AM   #1
GordonWT
GordonWT began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Hi from soon to be Sony 505 owner!

Hi all, my name is Gordon and I live in Inverness, Scotland.

I have just ordered a red Sony 505 from John Lewis for £149 which seems to be a good price. I would have liked to get the silver one but it was sold out and I didn't want to risk the 505 selling out altogether at that price as retailers may not get any more in now Sony have brought out the new models!

I am looking forward to go on holiday without having to worry about going over my luggage limit because of my hard back copy of Lord of the Rings

Regards

Gordon
GordonWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:51 AM   #2
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Hi Gordon and Welcome to Mobile Read!

Congrats on you new acquisition, I hope you enjoy your 505 as much as I enjoy my 500! Make sure to load it up with plenty of the beautifully formated and free books we have here!
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2009, 02:25 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Gordon and welcome to MobileRead. Nothing I like better than going on vacation with tons of books on my Sony 505.

Be sure and let us know when you get your new toy.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 03:20 PM   #4
HistoryWes
Teacher/Novelist
HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR, iPad
Welcome. I know you're going to enjoy it.
HistoryWes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 03:31 PM   #5
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Hi Gordon welcome aboard, you will find here all the friendly help you need to enjoy your new toy.

Check out our many free public domain ebooks here by clicking the e-books link in the blue bar above. You need either LRF or EPUB for your 505 - great choice by the way.
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2009, 03:46 PM   #6
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Welcome to MR and enjoy your 505
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 04:07 PM   #7
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome to MR, Gordon.

Make sure you also check out the Writers' Corner. We have many author members who generously put their work up for us. Also, check out the various avatars and signatures of MR authors. (hint- some are listed in my signature)

I hope you enjoy your 505 as much as I have been enjoying mine.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 04:39 PM   #8
Sony
Sony PRS-505 lover
Sony began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Hello, I have a Sony PRS-505 and am so glad that I got it! I have 8 classics on it from the eBook Store from Sony and one non-fiction book.
Sony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 09:56 AM   #9
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Welcome to MobileRead, Gordon and to you to, Sony!

Gordon, you will be surprised how quickly your reader goes from a vacation reader to an almost constant companion! Be sure to check out all the free ebooks you can download from our Ebook section in either the Epub of LRF formats for your 505. Don't be shy about asking questions when they pop-up (and they will ). MR members are notoriously helpful.

Sony, why don't you start an Intro thread of your own so that we can all welcome you properly?

Happy Reading!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 02:18 AM   #10
Journier
Groupie
Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Hey Gordon, welcome. I hope you will enjoy your 505 as much as I enjoy mine. I really love it.
Journier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 02:13 PM   #11
GordonWT
GordonWT began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Thanks for all the warm welcomes..much appreciated

I got my 505 yesterday and I have been filling it with books, some bought, some from this fine site and some from the web.

Totally pleased with it so far.....only trouble is I keep shifting from book to book.....I am sure I will start concentrating on a book at a time eventually!!

The Sony ebook library software isnt the best though......what do people prefer as an alternative?

Cheers

Gordon
GordonWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 02:29 PM   #12
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Hello Gordon, and welcome

The 505 can read ePUBs, so BooksOnBoard is one possibility, as is Fictionwise. Coolerbooks should help too, as soon as they'll debug their website.

Up there on the left you can see the Wiki, which is packed with great info and lists, there is one for online shops too if you want to have a wider choice.

I enjoy BOB's pricing system (BooksOnBoard), but their search function is not that great...
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 09:08 PM   #13
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonWT View Post
Thanks for all the warm welcomes..much appreciated

I got my 505 yesterday and I have been filling it with books, some bought, some from this fine site and some from the web.

Totally pleased with it so far.....only trouble is I keep shifting from book to book.....I am sure I will start concentrating on a book at a time eventually!!

The Sony ebook library software isnt the best though......what do people prefer as an alternative?
Cheers

Gordon
Calibre which you can find in it's own forum HERE at MR.
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 11:13 PM   #14
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazbates View Post
Calibre which you can find in it's own forum HERE at MR.
Seconded!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 12:48 AM   #15
Journier
Groupie
Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Red face

Gordon, here's the other sites I like to check out. A couple are free, but one or two have titles which are more expensive than at the Sony store. Also, at the very top of this page, next to Home, click on Forums. Scroll down til you reach Deals, Freebies, and Resources. I have found a couple of the following sites there. Here's my little list for what it's worth-

www.feedbooks.com
http://manybooks.net
www.gutenberg.org
www.free-ebooks.net
www.ebooks.com
www.booksonboard.com
www.smashswords.com
www.stevejordanbooks.com

Hope this helps. Can anyone add to my humble list?
Journier is offline   Reply With Quote