Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-05-2023, 09:25 PM   #1
kyrilson
Fanatic
kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Glo HD,iPad Pro, Sony 350 and T2
How to change Calibre to send epub instead of kepub???

I'm at my wits end here. So I have the KoboTouch, KoboTouchExtended and Kobo Reader Device plugins. If I disable those, Calibre won't recognize my Kobo Libra H2O. If I go into customize plugin on all of these and UNCHECK kepub and leave epub checked, it STILL sends a kepub to my Libra. What the heck am I doing wrong? I've done this and restarted Calibre, etc. and it still doesn't work.

Basically I want to turn off the kepub conversion that it is doing when sending to my Kobo.
kyrilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2023, 09:38 PM   #2
kyrilson
Fanatic
kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Never mind, I found it. There's one last tab, Extended in the KoboTouch Extended plug and it has a little box that says "send books as kepubs" Unchecking that turns it off.
Advert
Old 07-05-2023, 10:42 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrilson View Post
Never mind, I found it. There's one last tab, Extended in the KoboTouch Extended plug and it has a little box that says "send books as kepubs" Unchecking that turns it off.
Or you could disable the KoboTouchExtended driver and just use the KoboTouch driver. Having them both enabled is "Not A Good Idea" to quote one member of MobileRead.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 02:34 PM   #4
kyrilson
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Or you could disable the KoboTouchExtended driver and just use the KoboTouch driver. Having them both enabled is "Not A Good Idea" to quote one member of MobileRead.

I wasn’t aware of that. Thanks, I’ll disable extended.
Old 07-06-2023, 06:55 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrilson View Post
I wasn’t aware of that. Thanks, I’ll disable extended.
No need to disable KoboTouchExtended. There is an option under the Extended tab that's what you want. It's Use template for kepubification.

I have a column named #kepub. It's a Y/N type. When I put in Y, I get KePub. When I put in nothing, I get ePub. All with the KoboTouchExtendedDriver.

Code:
program: 
	$#kepub == 'yes'
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2023, 07:19 PM   #6
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
No need to disable KoboTouchExtended. There is an option under the Extended tab that's what you want. It's Use template for kepubification.

I have a column named #kepub. It's a Y/N type. When I put in Y, I get KePub. When I put in nothing, I get ePub. All with the KoboTouchExtendedDriver.

Code:
program: 
	$#kepub == 'yes'
That wouldn't work for me, unless there's a way to specify a Kobo model in the template? I send kepubs to my Sage and epubs to my Libra, but the books themselves are exactly the same on both. The only way I know how to achieve this is to enable/disable the extended driver.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote