Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-01-2018, 12:43 PM   #1
EddieTheHead
EddieTheHead began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura one
send kepub via wifi from calibre to koreader

hi, when i try to send kepub via wifi (from calibre to koreader) calibre converts kepub automatically in epub. Anyway to transfer kepub via wifi?
EddieTheHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 10:15 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieTheHead View Post
hi, when i try to send kepub via wifi (from calibre to koreader) calibre converts kepub automatically in epub. Anyway to transfer kepub via wifi?
Why are you doing that? KOReader doesn't handle kepubs, so there is no point sending kepubs to it. The point of kepub is that it is Kobo's format for purchased books. The built-in reader for kepubs does some things differently to he epub reader and has extra functions. This is why people are interested in sideloading them.

If there is good reason to use kepubs, in KOReader, you need to talk to the KOReader developers to add support. I would suggest asking in the KOReader forum here in case it is already supported somehow.

And as this is probably related to your other post, why don't you just use CBZ's? Both Kobo and KOReader will support these natively.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2018, 05:47 AM   #3
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Why are you doing that? KOReader doesn't handle kepubs, so there is no point sending kepubs to it. The point of kepub is that it is Kobo's format for purchased books. The built-in reader for kepubs does some things differently to he epub reader and has extra functions. This is why people are interested in sideloading them.

If there is good reason to use kepubs, in KOReader, you need to talk to the KOReader developers to add support. I would suggest asking in the KOReader forum here in case it is already supported somehow.

Might one reason be is that it is (another) way to wirelessly get files to a Kobo? Seems like it might be nice: 1) Start koreader 2) transfer the book wirelessly to koreader, 3) exit koreader and read the book using the built-in reader. Use koreader to transfer files, but don't use koreader for actually reading.

FWIW, I do not use koreader.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 05:55 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Might one reason be is that it is (another) way to wirelessly get files to a Kobo? Seems like it might be nice: 1) Start koreader 2) transfer the book wirelessly to koreader, 3) exit koreader and read the book using the built-in reader. Use koreader to transfer files, but don't use koreader for actually reading.
I thought of that, but the OP asked a question yesterday about kepubs and the refresh rate and concluded the thread with "solved using Koreader". That suggests they want to read using KOReader.

Also, it wouldn't work. For it to work, you have to trigger the book import. I can't think of a way to do that after the transfer. And if that is the plan, use the browser to connect to the calibre server and download that way. This will download kepubs and add them to the library.
Old 09-03-2018, 05:40 AM   #5
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I thought of that, but the OP asked a question yesterday about kepubs and the refresh rate and concluded the thread with "solved using Koreader". That suggests they want to read using KOReader.

Also, it wouldn't work. For it to work, you have to trigger the book import. I can't think of a way to do that after the transfer. And if that is the plan, use the browser to connect to the calibre server and download that way. This will download kepubs and add them to the library.
I'm getting out of my depth here, but...

If calibre server can be used and a book import triggered, why not koreader (maybe with some new code)?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2018, 09:18 AM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
I'm getting out of my depth here, but...

If calibre server can be used and a book import triggered, why not koreader (maybe with some new code)?
The calibre server isn't triggering the import. The download of a book from anywhere using the browser will trigger the import. And for KOReader to trigger the import, it would need extra code. Triggering the import has been tried in different ways. I don't think any have been particularly successful. The all seem to have short-comings that mean they don't seem to stay in use.