Old 08-08-2016, 07:22 AM   #1
jayp2013mobile
Connoisseur
jayp2013mobile began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Wi-Fi
USB Compatibility recurrent message

I keep getting this message on my kindle:
USB Compatibility
Some computer requires a free file-transfer utility to copy files between the computer and your kindle. Open computer browser and navigate to kindle.com/support/downloads
I have tried to deal with this issue but without success.
Can someone guide me ?
jayp2013mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 12:21 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Not a Calibre issue.

The message sounds Bogus (malware?). I do not see a 'Utility' in the download sidebar
Moderator Notice

Moving to Kindle Forum
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2016, 12:31 PM   #3
NullNix
Guru
NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Not a Calibre issue.

The message sounds Bogus (malware?). I do not see a 'Utility' in the download sidebar

Moving to Kindle Forum
If it's malware, other people have been affected, e.g. here
NullNix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 03:49 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by NullNix View Post
If it's malware, other people have been affected, e.g. here
That one's talking about using a Fire on a Mac, which is reasonable, because I understand that Macs don't support MTP, which is the protocol the Fire uses for file transfer.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 04:48 PM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayp2013mobile View Post
I keep getting this message on my kindle:
USB Compatibility
Some computer requires a free file-transfer utility to copy files between the computer and your kindle. Open computer browser and navigate to kindle.com/support/downloads
I have tried to deal with this issue but without success.
Can someone guide me ?
Which model of Kindle do you have?
Advert
Old 08-10-2016, 08:55 PM   #6
jayp2013mobile
Connoisseur

Kindle Fire HD 7

I have Kindle Fire HD 7
Old 08-11-2016, 02:01 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Could you edit your profile to say this, please? If you tell someone here that you have a "Kindle", the assumption will always be that it's an eink Kindle. A Fire is a very different device.

I'm moving this thread to the Fire forum.
Old 08-11-2016, 08:22 AM   #8
jayp2013mobile
Connoisseur

Fire forum

How do I get there ?
Old 08-11-2016, 11:57 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

You're there now . Look at the forum list - it's a sub-forum of the main Kindle forum. Hopefully someone who's familiar with the Fire (which unfortunately I'm not) will be along shortly to offer you some advice.

What operating system are you using, by the way? Windows? Mac? Linux?
Old 08-11-2016, 08:50 PM   #10
jayp2013mobile
Connoisseur

Operating System Windows 7 Home Premium

Operating System Windows 7 Home Premium
Old 08-13-2016, 02:29 AM   #11
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Also Which Fire HD 7 .... ?
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 10:52 AM   #12
jayp2013mobile
Connoisseur

Kindle Fire HD 7

Kindle Fire HD 7

4th Generation

Lot 503

201-140195 1989-14-1812

Model SQ46CW

FCC ID 2ABPA-3916

IC 11677A-3916

CMIIT ID 2014DJ3147
Old 08-20-2016, 08:54 PM   #13
jayp2013mobile
Connoisseur

How can I view notes & highlights on my Kindle Fire HD 7 ?
Old 08-28-2016, 10:01 AM   #14
jayp2013mobile
Connoisseur

It used to be tapping the middle of the screen brought up a top side line of icons which included such an option but now that option is grayed out. How can I deal with that ?
Old 08-28-2016, 11:27 AM   #15
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Please start a new thread to ask a new question. Don't ask unrelated questions in the same thread. It makes things easier for everyone - you included - to do so.