Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old Today, 07:41 AM   #1
ChrisHistorian76
Connoisseur
ChrisHistorian76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChrisHistorian76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChrisHistorian76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChrisHistorian76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChrisHistorian76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChrisHistorian76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChrisHistorian76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChrisHistorian76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChrisHistorian76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChrisHistorian76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChrisHistorian76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova Air & Kindle Oasis
Walmart Login on Kobos Discontinued As of 31 Oct

Allegedly, Kobo users won't be able to use their Walmart account to login to their device as of 31 October 2024.

https://goodereader.com/blog/kobo-er...kobo-e-readers
ChrisHistorian76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:17 AM   #2
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
I bought one of the Walmart Aura2. I never used a Walmart login. In fact, I never used it as a reader. It's quite a slim device when compared to B&N of the same generation.

I had bypassed the first setup page at one point in the past. Recently, it just did a hiccup and a "factory reset". I don't think that I've ever had it connected to the internet. I did put a UART connector in the back. You can run Linux executables on it. You can build them on the same system as Raspberry Pi.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kobo2.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	309.4 KB
ID:	210622  
Renate is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 09:26 AM   #3
Cactus Chef
Addict
Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Clara HD, Galaxy Tab S5e, Kindle 4th Gen
My Clara HD was purchased through Walmart. I never used the Walmart sign-in option, but all of my Kobo emails still come from "Walmart ebooks," even the ones I buy directly through the Kobo app or website. I wonder if that will change after the partnership ends.

Also, I assume Walmart.com will stop selling the Walmart eBooks gift cards soon. That will be a bummer, since it was my preferred method of loading up my Kobo account balance for purchasing books overseas.
Cactus Chef is offline   Reply With Quote