Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-05-2011, 09:26 PM   #1
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Covers Discontinued?

Anyone else noticed that the Cover with light for the 950 has been discontinued on the Sony site? Any ideas why?

JJ
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 12:23 PM   #2
jessie102
Addict
jessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: SONY PRS505
cuz they are faulty. I've never had a cover that breaks so easily. My Sony Light Cover prsacl95, one of the tabs holding the device, broke within 2 months of usage. It's built far too weakly. Even prior to the breakage, the device would often fall out of the cover.

Last edited by jessie102; 02-08-2011 at 12:27 PM.
jessie102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2011, 12:26 PM   #3
jessie102
Addict
jessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: SONY PRS505
where can I find another cover with light for the PRS 950?
jessie102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 12:26 PM   #4
Ken401
Addict
Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, PRS-950, PRS-505, Nexus 10, Xoom
Sometimes the site will say discontinued when they probably mean temporarily out-of-stock. You might give them a call if you are interested in one.
Ken401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 02:20 PM   #5
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie102 View Post
cuz they are faulty. I've never had a cover that breaks so easily. My Sony Light Cover prsacl95, one of the tabs holding the device, broke within 2 months of usage. It's built far too weakly. Even prior to the breakage, the device would often fall out of the cover.
I have it for about 2 month, can't say anything bad about it's build quality.
Actually quite the oposite: it's hands down the best lamp that I've ever had. And I had about half a dozen of them, including Verilux, Mighty Bright and other popular ones.
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2011, 08:55 AM   #6
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartu View Post
Actually quite the oposite: it's hands down the best lamp that I've ever had. And I had about half a dozen of them, including Verilux, Mighty Bright and other popular ones.
My experienced with it has been the same as Kartu. I love it. I thought it was better than the PRS-900 light cover which I also have.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:49 AM   #7
Papi
Addict
Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle NT, PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartu View Post
Did you compare it to the Belkin too ? I was looking for that one, since I should receive a 950 with a "lightless" cover.
Papi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:26 AM   #8
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papi View Post
Did you compare it to the Belkin too ? I was looking for that one, since I should receive a 950 with a "lightless" cover.
Papi, try doing a search of the forum on Belkin light. I remember recently that someone posted pictures of the Belkin light (attached to a 650, maybe?). They had a positive recommendation. It was sometime in the last month. That's the best of my recollections.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 12:20 PM   #9
redbees
Enthusiast
redbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Paperwhite 2, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papi View Post
Papi, the thread mentioned by Bookworm_Girl is 'Light for Naked 950?', and contains a photo of a Belkin light attached to the Sony PRS-950. I bought a Belkin based trekchick's recommendation, and I like it. It doesn't encroach on the screen, lights the entire screen, and remains attached if I move about while reading.
redbees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 04:37 PM   #10
Papi
Addict
Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle NT, PRS-650
Bookworm_Girl, redbees : thanks for the help, I read the thread where the belkin light is mentioned. The thing is I currently have a 650 + the official Sony cover + light and I wondered if the belkin light is in par with the one from the official cover, else I would consider buying a used official cover + light for the 950. So when kartu said the official light is better than all the other ones he has, I thought maybe he has the belkin to compare it to.
Papi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 07:20 PM   #11
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
Papi,

no, I don't own the belkin light.
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote