Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old Today, 06:03 PM   #1
cdaringe
cdaringe began at the beginning.

Device: kindle pw4
Jaibroken kindle K4 unable to connect to WiFi

Hi friends,

I was meddling with the scripts in the onlinescreensaver pkg, as they don't work out of the box for K4.

Everything WiFi (including ssh) was working delightfully until... something. My guess was setting DISABLE_WIFI=1, which calls `lipc-set-prop com.lab126.cmd wirelessEnable 0`.

I ended up making a KUAL script to call a `lipc-set-prop com.lab126.cmd wirelessEnable 1`, restarted, and tried to connect, but still no good.

Interestingly, my router _thinks_ that I'm connected. It sees the client attach successfully, but the 4.0 f/w gives a "Unable to Connect to Wi-Fi Network" pop up, and asks to either enter the password again or "setup network."
  • lipc-set-prop com.lab126.cmd wirelessEnable 1
  • asserting the above cmd even works by writing to a file, e.g. "echo enabling wireless... >> /mnt/us/debug.log"
  • different wifi network
  • restarting

Something obvious must be up.

Ideas?
cdaringe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
debug, kindle, wifi