Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 08-15-2017, 04:30 PM   #1
eReader fan
Addict
eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.

Device: Onyx Nova pro and Hisense A2 pro
Unable to connect to an android 6 wifi

Hi people. The first time I had this issue was some year ago with the C67ML. I had no problems when I tried to connect through a android 4.4 wifi hotspot, but when I tried to do this with a android 6 problem something wrong happend (I don't remember now what happened, many time since the last try, but I couldn't surf correctly)

Now, with the Onyx M96 happens the same. With a android 6 wifi hotspot I can't even connect to it.

I did the android 6 wifi hotspot with two diferent mobiles, so it seems it's not a bug of my mobile. It seems it's a Onyx bug, but I prefer to try to collect some info before say something to the awfull-and-almost-useless Onyx staff

Had anyone the same problems, or are someone using a android 6 hotspot without problems on a Onyx boox?

Thanks
eReader fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 05:09 PM   #2
salamanderjuice
Guru
salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by eReader fan View Post
Hi people. The first time I had this issue was some year ago with the C67ML. I had no problems when I tried to connect through a android 4.4 wifi hotspot, but when I tried to do this with a android 6 problem something wrong happend (I don't remember now what happened, many time since the last try, but I couldn't surf correctly)

Now, with the Onyx M96 happens the same. With a android 6 wifi hotspot I can't even connect to it.

I did the android 6 wifi hotspot with two diferent mobiles, so it seems it's not a bug of my mobile. It seems it's a Onyx bug, but I prefer to try to collect some info before say something to the awfull-and-almost-useless Onyx staff

Had anyone the same problems, or are someone using a android 6 hotspot without problems on a Onyx boox?

Thanks
What phones did you test with/using? How did you make the hotspot? Are you making a 5Ghz hotspot or 2.4?
salamanderjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2017, 03:23 PM   #3
eReader fan
Addict
eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.

One is BQ aquaris a4.5 and the other one is Yotaphone 2. I tried both 2.4 and 5Ghz.

Does it means you can connect correctly to a androd 6 hotspot with an Onyx boox?
Old 08-17-2017, 03:30 PM   #4
salamanderjuice
Guru
salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 2
No I don't have an Onyx boox, but I don't really see how a Wifi hotspot created by an Android phone is any different from one created by a router. Can you connect to any Wifi network with the Onyx Boox?
salamanderjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 03:07 AM   #5
eReader fan
Addict

I understand your point, but it exactly what it happens, al least with my two Onyx.

Never had problems with any other wifi hotspot.

I have two Yotaphone's, one with android 4.4 and other with 6. I am always using the one with android 4.4 to connect with my Onyx and have no problem, but with the one with android 6 i can't.

Yesterday I did a test with an android 7 phone and works well, so at least them work fine with the android version of the next mobile I will have, the Yotaphone 3

Any comment with someone with a onyx boox and a android 6 phone will be helpfull
Advert