Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-13-2016, 03:23 PM   #16
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I've had splitters go bad too. So I know what you mean. In 2001 my husband and I installed satellite dishes for Dish and Direct TV. I would sit in the back of the van crimping cables and handing bullets and splitters to hubby.

I still don't know why there is a splitter. I only have internet. No other service from them. I get local TV free with a $10 antenna and have a cell phone.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 03:36 PM   #17
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Maybe the installer wasn't paying ATTENTION to the details on your account. He may just automatically install the splitter for TV reasons and not care whether you currently have ordered TV or not. Or perhaps he is allowing for future changes in your plan.

Which you can override, since you know more about your purchasing plans than he did.

edit: since it is a rental unit, I'm betting that's what he did. Added the splitter in case next year's renter wanted TV.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 03:39 PM   #18
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post

If the splitter isn't needed I have plenty of cable and can make a new one and remove the splitter.

Sent from my XT1528
And save the cable with splitter to re-install if/when you move out. That might be a good plan!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 03:40 PM   #19
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

He knew it was just internet. I showed him my antenna I got on Amazon for $10. I told him I was not interested in anything else and he agreed and call my ISP a bunch of money grubbers.

I don't think he was too bright. To install the cable took him over an hour. He texted on his phone most of the time. I think he was just enjoying my super cold apartment. I felt very uncomfortable during his time here.

Sent from my XT1528
Old 10-19-2016, 12:22 AM   #20
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

I just wanted to give an update. It seems the internet has fixed itself. I do suspect someone had unauthorized access but with the new MAC address whitelist the internet is working better then it has in months. No more buffering on streaming and everything loads like it should again.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Old 10-19-2016, 01:03 AM   #21
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I remember when I was on DSL (before I switched to Cable Internet) at one point I started having speed trouble and problems with the connection dropping. Part of it was (I understand) crowding on the lines. There were a lot more people using the same lines than when I first got my DSL so it slowed things down a little. Part of the problem of having aging technology (phone lines) for the internet connection. Some such might be also affecting your internet connection maybe.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 11:27 AM   #22
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

I'm not on DSL. You can't get 100mbps speed on AT&T. I'm on Cable Internet. No Caps. It's glorious when it works. I pay $80 a month.

Sent from my XT1528