Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old 09-19-2023, 10:55 AM   #46
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
My scaling in Windows 11 is 125%.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2023, 10:27 PM   #47
miss_p1nky
Connoisseur
miss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enough

Device: Moon+ Reader Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
have you tried adding the environment variable I posted a few messages ago?
So sorry I missed this I will try it then. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
My scaling in Windows 11 is 125%.
Same here but in Win 10.

EDIT: Tried adding the environment variable provided by Comfy.n didn't work. At this point I'd just resign to my fate then.

Last edited by miss_p1nky; 09-19-2023 at 10:49 PM.
miss_p1nky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2023, 04:39 AM   #48
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_p1nky View Post
So sorry I missed this I will try it then. Thank you.

Same here but in Win 10.

EDIT: Tried adding the environment variable provided by Comfy.n didn't work. At this point I'd just resign to my fate then.
Did you reboot Windows or sign off? Sometimes this is needed for env vars to take, I suppose...

also, maybe try this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEFhcdJZH7A
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2023, 06:51 AM   #49
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfy.n View Post
Did you reboot Windows or sign off? Sometimes this is needed for env vars to take, I suppose...

Old 09-20-2023, 07:42 AM   #50
miss_p1nky
Connoisseur
miss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfy.n View Post

Yeah I have since signed off. I have also applied this as per the other's suggestion but now also add the option on the top, previously was just to override the system's.
Your script was to disable Qt DPI scaling but JSWolf's was to enable it instead. Should I enable the QT DPI scaling?
Old 09-20-2023, 08:10 AM   #51
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
Quote:
Yeah I have since signed off. I have also applied this as per the other's suggestion but now also add the option on the top, previously was just to override the system's.
Your script was to disable Qt DPI scaling but JSWolf's was to enable it instead. Should I enable the QT DPI scaling?
some say this is an extreme measure, but disabling Qt scaling is what worked for me. Not sure if that alone was what solved the issue... I had to do some trial and error with various settings
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2023, 08:50 AM   #52
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
The environment variable I posted turns DPI scaling off. Hence the =0.
Old 09-20-2023, 09:38 PM   #53
miss_p1nky
Connoisseur

Ah I see.
I've even tried applying this to Viewer.exe to no avail.
Old 12-11-2023, 10:05 PM   #54
rumplestiltskin
Connoisseur
rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: FireHD8, iPad
[QUOTE=Comfy.n;4357519]It's a Qt glitch, I think Kovid can't provide a workaround for that.

{snip}...
- also see this, from @DNSB - https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...97&postcount=5

...{snip}

Yes, that tip resolved the bizarre type issue on my Lenovo i9 (RTX 2080) running Win10 fully updated including the latest video drivers as of this post.

Good call. I'll also thank them personally.

Barry
rumplestiltskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:35 AM   #55
Bigo2
Zealot
Bigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kindle3
Hi - today I installed another Windows 10 and then apart from the other software I installed the latest version Calibre 7.17.0.
As recommended when you want to use the configuration you made in your previous installation, which was the version 5.24.0, I replaced the files in the Roaming Calibre folder (C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\calibre) with the old ones. The result was exactly as described here - main Calibre screen look washed-out and with thin fonts...
I can see that Mr. Kovid reaction here concerning this problem is similar as it was when people asked for his help with the "new" Calibre e-book viewer which after the update was taking excessive time to open - he was unable to tell us what to do, how to fix it...
I uninstalled this new Calibre version and tried some older - no improvement, until I have found that the version 5.44.0 works OK. Everything above starting with the version 6.0.0 seemed to work OK with my configurations, but the main Calibre screen always look washed-out with thin fonts.
At least the Calibre e-book viewer works OK.
I tried those recommendations concerning changing the Calibre.exe propertis, but they did not help.

When testing the later versions I have found that the wash-out screen was related to my old config file called gui.json. Once I inserted it to the Calibre folder (C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\calibre) the screen changed showing my configs as I wanted, which was OK, but at the same time the screen became washed-out with thin fonts... The problem with the screen happens since the version 6.0.0 and further.

Last edited by Bigo2; Today at 03:39 AM.
Bigo2 is offline   Reply With Quote