Notices

Old 10-06-2019, 04:41 PM   #1
chantw0968
Enthusiast
chantw0968 began at the beginning.

Device: sony e-reader
Calibre 4 viewer... Unhappy with update :(

Hello,
I don't like the new viewer. This viewer does not show page numbers. So I have no idea how much is left of the book or where I am in relation to the ending. In the last viewer, you could enlarge the viewer or maximize but still get a single page. Now, when I maxime it creates 3 pages in the view. I am so unhappy with this update. Is there any way to get the old viewer back.
chantw0968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 04:55 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chantw0968 View Post
Hello,
I don't like the new viewer. This viewer does not show page numbers. So I have no idea how much is left of the book or where I am in relation to the ending. In the last viewer, you could enlarge the viewer or maximize but still get a single page. Now, when I maxime it creates 3 pages in the view. I am so unhappy with this update. Is there any way to get the old viewer back.
That's coming in the next update.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2019, 06:00 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by chantw0968 View Post
Hello,
You should get one column of text when you maximize the viewer, if you set Preferences->Page Layout like this .

Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2019-10-07 084926.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	174042

If you have a bottom margin you should see a percent read in bottom right corner (Progress), if not check Preferences headers and Footers

Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2019-10-07 085435.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	174043

The page numbers and scroll bars should be available a configurable elements in the next release.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 08:22 PM   #4
chantw0968
Enthusiast
chantw0968 began at the beginning.

Device: sony e-reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
You should get one column of text when you maximize the viewer, if you set Preferences->Page Layout like this .

Attachment 174042

If you have a bottom margin you should see a percent read in bottom right corner (Progress), if not check Preferences headers and Footers

Attachment 174043

The page numbers and scroll bars should be available a configurable elements in the next release.

BR
Thank you! Much better!
chantw0968 is offline   Reply With Quote