Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 03-08-2010, 03:18 PM   #31
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
I think it will be less on shipping!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cancelx View Post
personally, can't help if it sounds like a complaint, not when the weight of a laptop still costs $20-25, same as an accordion... but $45 for a ereader across the border is a little steep however one looks at it.

i don't think that's an unreasonable annoyance, especially when it's the highest even among other companies or resellers of the unit.

anyway,
later
Dear Cancelx:

I work for Astak and I am sorry that freight is causing a problem.

We are trying NOW to get the Pocket PRO onto the shelves at Best Buy of Canada. I am not positive if they are out yet... but they will be there soon.

However, it likely will still be less expensive to buy from www.theEZreader.com and pay the freight. Retail Stores always mark up.

WHY it costs more to ship to Canada is the insurance. We have to buy insurance when we ship to assure you do get it. However, we estimate the cost will be around $40 to you!

We are thinking of a PROMO in the next few weeks where we will include a free Mighty Bright eBook Reader LED light in the box. It is not reality yet... but I firmly expect it to start soon. The Product Manager is making up his mind now.

The Pocket PRO does come with a crush-resistant leather (we are told) case and free ear buds!! It IS a very good case and has a magnetic clasp that is very strong! It is very crush-resistant and a good value! The box has a USB charger, USB cable, wrist leash, and even a screw driver with extra screws. The battery is USER-Replaceable and it has 20 formats on it (including Adobe Digital Editions). It has Text-To-Speech and an SD card slot to expand the memory to hold 8,000 eBooks and your music. There are three page turn stations (including a scroll wheel). This has the famous Epson Controller with 400 MHz processor for fast page turns!!

We DO want your business; and I appreciate your interest very much!!

Last edited by Robertb; 03-08-2010 at 03:22 PM.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 04:21 PM   #32
Tisane
Reader
Tisane began at the beginning.

Device: Purple Pocket Pro
I bought a Pocket Pro from theezreader.com a few weeks ago. The total was $236 US with shipping. Plus GST coming over the border. Not as affordable as the $199 price tag would suggest, but I've been happy with it.
Tisane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 04:28 PM   #33
cancelx
Nervous Groupie
cancelx began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Pro
Tisane... what'd you get hit from the border?
which taxes, and any duty?
cancelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 04:45 PM   #34
Tisane
Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by cancelx View Post
Tisane... what'd you get hit from the border?
which taxes, and any duty?
I don't remember the exact amount, but I'm pretty sure it was ~$10, which would have been only GST (no other taxes here in Alberta). I don't think there was any duty at all.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:48 PM   #35
cancelx
Nervous Groupie
cancelx began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Pro
thats cool.
on the east coast, we get hit with both taxes (gst, hst)
and our post office charges a fee to collect the tax
and if duty factors in.

errr
cancelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:23 PM   #36
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisane View Post
I bought a Pocket Pro from theezreader.com a few weeks ago. The total was $236 US with shipping. Plus GST coming over the border. Not as affordable as the $199 price tag would suggest, but I've been happy with it.
That is not much different than the US$230.91 after Calif Sales tax (similar to GsT) that I paid, Delevered in the SAME county as Astak.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:35 PM   #37
Tisane
Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
That is not much different than the US$230.91 after Calif Sales tax (similar to GsT) that I paid, Delevered in the SAME county as Astak.
Of course, factoring in that we're not paying in the same currency. My total was about $270 Canadian in the end, after my credit card's lousy exchange rate.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:55 PM   #38
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisane View Post
Of course, factoring in that we're not paying in the same currency. My total was about $270 Canadian in the end, after my credit card's lousy exchange rate.
Sundays Paper had it at 1.03 CDN
Been a long time since it was that close to the US$ Someone in Ottawa is doing good
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote