Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Handhelds and Smartphones

Notices

Old 11-23-2005, 04:30 AM   #1
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars for Palm OS

Gamers who like their games action-oriented may find Astraware's Broken Sword for Palm OS to be too slow, but patient folks who like a good story that continually unravels will be delighted by this game.

Borken Sword follows the adventures and exploits of George Stobbart, an American tourist on vacation in Europe. When he witnesses the murder of a man in a Paris cafe, he takes it upon himself to bring justice to the killer. Early in the game, George finds some help by way of a young photojournalist by the name of Nico, who agrees to help him solve the case. Soon after, the two are thrown deep into a twisted tale of murder, conspiracy, and a heavy dose of European history.

Get the trial from here.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:49 PM   #2
gadgetguru
Addict
gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Tungsten T5
I tried the demo, and while the game is great (especially for those who haven't played it in its various forms during it's console run from PC to the GBA), I wished they have bumped up the details and the number of colours. It seems they just use the source from the GBA version, resized it to 320x214 or 320x480. The result is mixed, some of the items seems to blend into the background, if the color are higher, the game would have been so much better graphically...

Still a very good mystery for those who like point-and-click style games. I played this through on the GBA, so I'll pass on it. But those who haven't should try it out...one of the better game on the Palm (despite my misgivings)...
Advert