Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-25-2003, 04:38 PM   #1
Zire
Fanatic
Zire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zire 71
Question Blogging

Hey,

Want to get into blogging for free. Please tell me of any experiences...
Zire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2003, 05:52 PM   #2
gvtexas
Addict
gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Clie TH55
What would you like to know? I have an ongoing blog built with Movable Type (link below in sig...I just finished a *major* design/recode effort on it...), and they are fun, contagious, time-draining/consuming, and at times a monkey on your back!

There are some free blog sites out there, just a matter of what features you want, how much you're willing to put up with ads, etc.

You can start here to find a free blog system/host.

Cheers,
gvtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2003, 04:54 PM   #3
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
Gary posted a great link.

Personally, I just scrapped Blogger for zBlogger. I just had too many problems in the conversion when Google bought them. Others are very happy there though.

You can check out mine by following the link in my sig too.
sUnShInE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 12:55 AM   #4
Pride Of Lions
just kinda geeky
Pride Of Lions began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Howdy all.

I just got my blog up and running and, tough I'm behind the cool-kid-curve, I'm intensely excited about the possibilities.

However, to fit into my vision of Utopia, I'd like to be able to e-mail my blog entry instead of sitting in front of my iMac.

Is this possible somehow? I use Blogger. I looked into Azure, but I was hoping more along the lines of e-mailing rather than the Palm-browser experience.

Oh, and I'm a Mac guy, so AG ist kaput.
Thanks for your suggestions.
POL9A
Pride Of Lions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 02:10 PM   #5
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
Close but no cigar

I realize you said you wanted to blog via email rather than off your pda, but I figgered I'd toss this new little app into the mix for those who are interested.

"Vagablog allows you to post to your Blogger.com managed blog directly from your handheld."

It's $7USD, but only works on WindowsOS (yea, 0 for 2 PoL). This only works with Blogger.com btw.

So what's the url to your blog?

(By the by, there's also handX, which is doesn't support Blogger, nor Mac's, but it's freeware. I've heard mixed things, but the price is great.)
sUnShInE is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2003, 01:27 AM   #6
Pride Of Lions
just kinda geeky
Pride Of Lions began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
...and while I appreciate all your suggestions,...

No, really. Should I ever choose to go the Windows PC route, I'll be sure to keep those suggestions in mind.

I added my blog's URL to my sig, like you cool kids. I'm kinda self-conscious because you're the only other people who have the link except my dear, sweet Mommy. That, and I just have the stock template blog format, and not the ability to add pictures and other fluff. Maybe I day I'll figure all that out. Until then...

So, if it's not possible to e-mail a blog in, then how do those Everest climbers send down their daily logs to their websites? I just assumed that it was some sort of e-mail-to-website kinda program, and that their site was a blog of sorts. Am I just way off here or what? Should I create my own dot-com to make it possible to e-mail your blog in (esp. from a Mac!) and make just Billions?

Speaking of blogs, I gotta go log in.
Thanks for everything so far.

POL9A
Pride Of Lions is offline   Reply With Quote