Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 07-18-2010, 03:44 AM   #1
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Question Libre Firmware 0.17d - What's Changed?

For anyone who's installed the latest Aluratek Libre Pro's firmware update, have you figured out what it changes?
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 08:20 PM   #2
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No one has updated yet?

http://aluratek.com/products/ebook-readers
Advert
Old 07-21-2010, 01:45 PM   #3
laitsabr
Daily Learner
laitsabr doesn't litterlaitsabr doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-950, 350, 300, 600(sold), 505(dead), Coby 7024
I just did the update. Trouble-free.
After the update process, on the next power ON, there was a splashcreen for FBReader, so I am assuming a new version has been installed. I cannot get any other version info in the System Settings menu, other than for the Firmware version showing 17d.
laitsabr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 07:38 PM   #4
jlg432
Addict
jlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: jetBook, ALP, Pandigital 7"Color(Black+ White), Kyros MID7015a
I have both the JB and the ALP. I just purchased the ALP in June 2010.

I updated the FW on my JB to .35a- custom. The upgrade added the support for Adobe Mobile Reader 9.0.26696. Now when reading ePubs and PDF there is an "ABOUT" screen displaying the version.

I also updated the ALP to 17d. I did not see any obvious changes. I also didn't see what my original FW was at - it may have been just .017.

Anyways there is no "About" screen for epub/pdf but I went and connected the unit to my pc and using explorer I went and looked inside the adobe folder located on it's internal memory. "Device.xml indicates the reader level as being bthe same as the JB FW .35?. and that is 9.0.26696. Too bad I didn't check before. I also didn't notice any performance changes and the small issues I have I still continue to have. So other that updating the adobe reader I don't know what else it has changed.

May be someone who has not done the FW update and is at the original firmware level can see what their's is at. Just connect your unit to your PC via USB and the click og the .adobe folder and then you can open the device.xml by right clicking on it and selecting "Open With" and then pick Note-pad. You will find the reader level in the displayed file.

John
jlg432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 11:15 AM   #5
petechan
Connoisseur
petechan doesn't litterpetechan doesn't litter

Device: Aluratek libre
I wish someone like uRWhatUr would read this thread and tell us whether she has updated her Libre to 0.17d. I know he/she has been here awhile and started out with 0.15k. I still have mine at 0.15k, not knowing yet if anything has been gained at the level of 0.17d.
petechan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2010, 08:49 PM   #6
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force

Well, I installed the update. When I went to open up a book I was reading, this popped up on the screen:

Quote:
About FBReader VERSION

FBReader is an e-book reader Linux/Windows XP PDA/UMPC/desktop computer. FBReader supports several ebook formats: fb2, html, chm, rtf, plucker, etc. Direct reading from zip, tar, gzip and bzip2 archives is also supported.

FBReader is distributed under the terms of the GNU GPL.

If you like the program and would like to support its development, please visit make donation page.

How To Start
FBReader looks for fb2, oeb and OpenReader books in directories listed in the Book Path option. First of all you need to set this path.

Open the options dialog (just click on [an asterisk-like symbol is shown here] in the toolbar) and change the value of Book Path option in the Library tab. This option contains the list of directories containing *.fb2, *.oebzip, *.orb or archive files. Directories in the list are separated by colons.

Open library (click on [a stacked books icon is shown here], select a book from the list and read it.

To read a file in another format, you must add it to the library. Start "add to library dialog" [a symbol that looks like a plus sign over a closed book is shown here], select a file and edit the file information. Next time you can open this file using library [stack of books icon shown here].

Related sites
More information about this program can be found at the FBReader homepage.

If you want to be notified about new releases, please subscribe to FBReader project at freshmeat.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please use FBReader group at googlegroups.
I don't know what this is about, since there is no specific entry that I can find for FBReader.

On the main "Aluratek" intro page, a copyright line came up for Reader Mobile technology by Adobe.

There's no change in the language choice (English/French) nor in the font choices. Resizing choices seem to be the same. No additional functions that I could see.

Folder access times seem to be slightly shorter.

I haven't seen any other differences yet.