Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 05-11-2010, 06:14 PM   #1
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
How to use Pocketbook 302 Cover?

Greetings,

My Pocketbook 302 just arrived and I have a question: how do I use the cover? There is a red sticker on the top inside flap and some type of magnetic clasp at the bottom. The dimensions of the cover seem off. It doesn't close comfortably. Is there something I'm not getting?
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 11:37 PM   #2
JimMcLaren
Addict
JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox T68, Kobo Aura HD, Pocketbook 302, Pocketbook 912, Nook HD+
I think the red sticker is double sided tape. I took the leather flap off and put velcro on the cover and the reader. It works OK. But you don't want to put the velcro on what I assume is the battery cover. It nearly pulled the battery cover off when I tried to remove the reader from its cover.

I'm still looking for something better.
JimMcLaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2010, 01:45 AM   #3
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by luqmaninbmore View Post
There is a red sticker on the top inside flap and some type of magnetic clasp at the bottom.
I think that the red sticker covers double sided adhesive tape and you are supposed to peel the red part and glue (stick) the cover to the reader.
Gluing a piece of velcro the the sticker and another strip of velcro to the reader, as previous poster suggested, seems to be an excellent idea.

As for that funny leather insert with magnets, I couldn't figure out how it is supposed to work. Perhaps it is supposed to keep the cover closed when it is empty, perhaps the magnets are needed to keep it closed when it is closed with the reader inside. The reader I had in hand wasn't mine and I did not want to glue it the the cover, so I could not try it out properly.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 06:53 AM   #4
clifton
clifton began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 302
I also use three vertical 5 cm velcro strips on the back , (but indeed not on the battery cover) I don't use the cover included but, ripped a hardback apart and use now a real book cover with my ereader
clifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 12:58 PM   #5
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
I am using Velcro as well.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2010, 08:11 AM   #6
Jel
Jel began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 302
Question cover

I got today the new PB 302. I ordered 2 at the same time also one for a colleque of mine.

The thing is we got 2 different covers

I took a picture of it and (you should see it as an attachment) but the right one is the good one en the left one i just can not figured out.

Somebody with more experience here?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pocketbook cover.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	462.5 KB
ID:	53459  
Jel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 08:17 AM   #7
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jel View Post
I got today the new PB 302. I ordered 2 at the same time also one for a colleque of mine.

The thing is we got 2 different covers

I took a picture of it and (you should see it as an attachment) but the right one is the good one en the left one i just can not figured out.

Somebody with more experience here?
Yep, cover got updated. U probably got an old and a new cover. Please tell ur vendor about that.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote