Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 05-07-2010, 10:43 PM   #1
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
latest buggins Lbook v3 firmware

http://begemot.homeftp.net/

Here you can find the latest buggins modified lbook firmware the link is updated from the forum with every release so if you you like latest and the greatest you can get it from there.

The site is in russian so I would recommend using chrome with the translator on.
Damn I love chrome its speed and the auto translation is amazing.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 03:28 AM   #2
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
http://begemot.homeftp.net/

Here you can find the latest buggins modified lbook firmware the link is updated from the forum with every release so if you you like latest and the greatest you can get it from there.

The site is in russian so I would recommend using chrome with the translator on.
Damn I love chrome its speed and the auto translation is amazing.
A new update just arrived there today, and also a new toolkit for anyyone who would like to be able to disassemble, modify, and reassemble the firmware.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2010, 03:30 AM   #3
Spiffy
Groupie
Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pro AND Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
A new update just arrived there today
Any clue what's new in the latest release?
Spiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 03:43 AM   #4
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy View Post
Any clue what's new in the latest release?
Just what it says on the site.

FWIW, I am using it and I did not see any change in the features important to me. Oh yes, and there is an already reported bug that is keeping ADE from working in this latest test firmware. As far as I am concerned, the best one right now is the 20200505 version. I just keep trying the latest one because I like to see how the work toward a final release is progressing.
Old 06-04-2010, 09:49 AM   #5
Dave_S
What Title ?

New Buggins firmware update

Download Link:
http://begemot.homeftp.net/buggins

I just tried this new firmware update from Buggins for the 6" Hanlin V3 and it seems to be working really well. From my perspective EPUB now looks as good as FB2 on my reader, and CoolReader can be selected as the EPUB reader by simply a long press on the number key for the book selection.

Quote:
Test Firmware

Changes in CoolReader:
- Added support for CHM
- Improved support for EPUB, HTML

Updated Bulgarian translation of the interface.
For CHM - CR3 is set as the main reader, the Chinese plug - an alternative
For EPUB - Adobe - the main reader, CR3 - Alternative

made of the firmware from zl_tsanev

V3update-20100603.zip
Advert
Old 06-07-2010, 08:56 AM   #6
cloggy
Connoisseur
cloggy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-T1
Does anybody know how you can make CoolReader the default reader for ePUB, i.e. without long pressing the number key?
cloggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 02:40 PM   #7
Lbooker
Addict
Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Horribly buggy! Crashes, frozen,...a nightmare!
Lbooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 04:27 PM   #8
Dave_S
What Title ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbooker View Post

Hmmmmmmm, V3update-20100603.zip is working very nearly flawlessly here.

My only problem is that I can not get CoolReader to use my epub.css file, but it handles the CSS that is in my EPUB books correctly so I don't have much to complain about on that score.
Old 06-15-2010, 02:46 AM   #9
Arturo
Arturo began at the beginning.

Device: Koobe (Hanlin V3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbooker View Post
Hmmm. Works quite fine for me.
I saw you had the same comment on Tirwal's firmware. Isn't there a possibility that your hardware is faulty?
Arturo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 04:51 AM   #10
Lbooker
Addict
Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturo View Post
Hmmm. Works quite fine for me.
I saw you had the same comment on Tirwal's firmware. Isn't there a possibility that your hardware is faulty?
It is perfectly possible. I reformatted the SD-card, and I still get a freeze, this time trying to exit from a PDF in ADE, with another firmware (Russian one from 2010-05-05).
I may need yet another SD-card. They seem to have short lives: 2 of the 3 I used do not work anymore in my reader. Never had this problem with my Canon camera, though.
Lbooker is offline   Reply With Quote