Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-03-2010, 03:17 PM   #1
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Thanks for the iPad profile!

I dragged a bunch of ePub files from my Calibre library to iTunes, and I'd say about 30% of them showed up in iBooks with no covers (unlike in Calibre, where they are all perfect) I read somewhere that there is a certain metadata necessary for iBooks to display covers, so I just resaved all my books using the iPad profile, saved them out as ePubs, dragged them to iTunes and...perfect.

Thanks, Kovid!
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 03:18 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You're welcome
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2010, 10:03 PM   #3
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmmmm...one thing I'm noticing about iBooks-the Table of Contents doesn't show correctly in iBooks all the time-whereas in Stanza it does...must be another meta
Old 05-09-2010, 10:55 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
when you say doesn't show correctly, what do you mean?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 11:43 PM   #5
kjk

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
when you say doesn't show correctly, what do you mean?
In iBooks, the TOC/Bookmarks page is just blank, whereas the same book in Stanza the TOC/Bookmarks page shows the proper clickable chapters.

I will check the books in Sigil to see what is going on.

Edit:
Ok..so this is odd. I re-saved all my ePubs using the iPad profile...but now if I send that book to my iPhone..no TOC in Stanza either...the same book that previously had a TOC.
But, that didn't happen to all my books, just some of them. I'll keep experimenting-probably something I did during my flailing around with editing them

Last edited by kjk; 05-09-2010 at 11:51 PM.
Advert