Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 03-25-2010, 10:11 AM   #1
alroy
Enthusiast
alroy began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Opus/Pocket Pro/eSlick/Libre Pro
Date and Time On EzReader Pocket Pro

I received my Pocket Pro yesterday in the mail. One of the first things I did was set the date and time. That was at 10AM. I opened the pocket pro again at 2PM but the pocket pro stated a time of 12:00. Today its 10:09AM but the pocket pro says its 12:00.

Does the date and time not change when the Pocket Pro is off?
alroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 10:23 AM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by alroy View Post
I received my Pocket Pro yesterday in the mail. One of the first things I did was set the date and time. That was at 10AM. I opened the pocket pro again at 2PM but the pocket pro stated a time of 12:00. Today its 10:09AM but the pocket pro says its 12:00.

You are correct. There is no special clock battery. Using the screen lock mode allows the clock to continue to run. There is no need to power it off completely unless you are storing it for a long time or redoing the firmware or recovering from some unforeseen problem. If you power it down you will need to reset the clock.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2010, 10:43 AM   #3
alroy
Enthusiast
alroy began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Opus/Pocket Pro/eSlick/Libre Pro
That may explain why when I tried to shut it down, it said the screen was locked and to push the power button to unlock it.
alroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 10:51 AM   #4
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
A short push of the on/off button puts it into screen lock mode, which another short push is needed to bring it out.

A long push on the on/off button turns the reader all the way off, and another push on the on/off button is needed to bring it back.

When you turn the reader OFF, the clock loses power and resets to factory setting when you turn the reader on.

If you just use the lock mode, or leave the reader on, the clock will continue to work, but not show an updated time until you turn a page. Remember, the eink pages are static, they don't change on their own.

We've all struggled with the clock process.

Also, it is in Day Month Year format, not Month Day Year.
AJ

Last edited by AJ Starr; 03-25-2010 at 10:54 AM.
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 12:15 PM   #5
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Thank you for a good post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alroy View Post

Dear alroy:

Thank you for buying a Pocket PRO by Astak. We appreciate that you are a part of our band.

We know that when the power is turned off the clock has to be reset again. Dale is right. The clock does not have its own power supply.

I will say that I leave both my EZ Reader Basic and my Pocket PRO on all the time. I do not even lock the keyboard. This drains almost zero power and has worked well for me.

We have explained to the factory that the date needs to be changed to Month-Day-Year. In Asia they do it as Day-Month-Year. This is an easy fix for the factory and they have promised to do it with a firmware upgrade.

Getting a visible clock in the first place was the problem. It never had one. Now we have a nice clock but just need to switch to Month-Date.

We are very pleased to have you posting and I am happy to see you here. We have a great group on this forum!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2010, 02:24 PM   #6
QIbHom
Connoisseur
QIbHom doesn't litterQIbHom doesn't litter

Device: Aztak EZReader Pocket Pro
Just to be confusing, they use Day-Month-Year in Europe, too. It is the format I use, so I'd be happier if the date format could be left the way it is. I know, I'm a pain <g>. But, since Astak has so many international customers, having it be a choice would probably be the best.

Or just put everyone on Stardate.
QIbHom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 02:33 PM   #7
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Purple Astak Pocket Pro! :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QIbHom View Post
Now THAT could be fun!
Davimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 02:46 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by QIbHom View Post
Just to be confusing, they use Day-Month-Year in Europe, too. It is the format I use, so I'd be happier if the date format could be left the way it is. I know, I'm a pain <g>. But, since Astak has so many international customers, having it be a choice would probably be the best.

I am for leaving it alone.

Time for everyone to learn to use a 24Hr clock also
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 06:31 PM   #9
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Yes, I like 24 hour time also!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I am for leaving it alone.

Time for everyone to learn to use a 24Hr clock also
Dear Duckey:

Yes, the service got me into 24 hour time and I really liked it. After a short while it becomes second nature to just subtract 2 hours from 1400 to know it is 2:00 p.m. You do not even think about it.

Also, thank you all for the advice on maybe leaving it at Day, Month, Year. We DO have a very loyal international fan base. Will take this into consideration!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 07:28 PM   #10
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear Duckey:

Yes, the service got me into 24 hour time and I really liked it. After a short while it becomes second nature to just subtract 2 hours from 1400 to know it is 2:00 p.m. You do not even think about it.

Also, thank you all for the advice on maybe leaving it at Day, Month, Year. We DO have a very loyal international fan base. Will take this into consideration!
As I mentioned before, all you need is the indicator on the setting page as to what you are setting, i.e., DD MM YYYY, otherwise we backwards Americans ASSUME it's MM DD YYYY.

I just took another look at the settings page. For those have experience with "other than" American settings, the "dot" or period between the MM and DD and YYYY should be a clue, we use "/"'s

Old 03-25-2010, 07:53 PM   #11
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Starr View Post
For those have experience with "other than" American settings, the "dot" or period between the MM and DD and YYYY should be a clue, we use "/"'s

Sorry, but Australians use "/"s too - although I have noticed dots too, but usually in European software.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 09:49 PM   #12
AJ Starr
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
Sorry, but Australians use "/"s too - although I have noticed dots too, but usually in European software.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:25 AM   #13
animedude01
Addict
animedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheese

Device: DR1000S, ILIAD2, Nokia n900, Kindle for PC, Astak EZReader Pro
Actually, I'd prefer YYYY MM DD, with whatever spacers you want. IIRC it's an ISO standard.
animedude01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 01:10 AM   #14
AJ Starr
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by animedude01 View Post
Actually, I'd prefer YYYY MM DD, with whatever spacers you want. IIRC it's an ISO standard.
I agree, it's the best to sort files with.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:59 AM   #15
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Starr View Post
I agree, it's the best to sort files with.
If you are sorting by file name contents
The PEz "Bookshelf" has a sort by date that works (sort of File creation date. )

I wish "Last Read" would use "Modified Date" so the list would order by the actual book I last accessed, rather than the First time I accessed it.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote