Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 08-31-2006, 06:46 PM   #1
vvv
Zealot
vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iLiad, Librie, REB1100, GEB2150, GEB1150, etc
network profiles

My iLiad (v.2.4) cannot memorize network profiles. When I am creating a profile, it accepts everything properly and the network test is ok. However when I press "Ok" button, it shows two empty fields untitled "Preferred profile" and "Listed profiles". For this reason I cannot update the soft because the device cannot connect to iDS.

Two questions.
1. Somebody knows how to force the device to memorize profiles?
2. Somebody knows a way to update the soft without profiles?
vvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 10:26 PM   #2
segatang
Connoisseur
segatang has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kolin i-library
Would you upgrade to the newest V2.6 OS?
The newer upgrade provides more stable performance and less bugs.
segatang is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2006, 11:25 PM   #3
vranghel
Addict
vranghel began at the beginning.

Device: Proud Iliad owner
I dont think you need a profile for wired unencrypted connection.

So just plug in your iliad, long press the connect button and hope for the best
vranghel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 01:25 PM   #4
vvv
Zealot
vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vranghel
I dont think you need a profile for wired unencrypted connection.
So just plug in your iliad, long press the connect button and hope for the best
The device does not want to connect to iDS without profiles. I have tried many times with both wired and wireless connections (unencrypted), iLiad always says "unsuccessful" practically immediately, it seems without any searching. But when I press the "test" button during a new profile creation, it searches for several seconds and then says "connected".
Quote:
Originally Posted by segatang
Would you upgrade to the newest V2.6 OS?
It is exactly what I want to do. But I cannot upgrade without connection to iDS, so I am still with V2.4 . So I would be very grateful if somebody tell me how to upgrade without iDS connection.

Last edited by vvv; 09-01-2006 at 01:33 PM.
Old 09-01-2006, 03:15 PM   #5
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I don't know if this will help or not, but the files are available here , and there's a discussion of possibly flashing manually going on here.

I hope that might get you in the right neighborhood, anyway....

At minimum, you may be able to put the downloads in the proper directory manually, and re-boot to kind of simulate the update process.

Last edited by NatCh; 09-01-2006 at 03:18 PM.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2006, 08:20 AM   #6
Janus
Janus began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad
There is a post somewhere on the iRex forum about this problem, but the point is that if you delete all your profiles (you delete a profile by removing the name and pressing ok) you are not able to make a new profile and so not able to connect to iDS anymore.

This is more or less a beta bug from version 2.4 and has been fixed in 2.6. I would suggest to contact their helpdesk.
Janus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 12:19 PM   #7
vvv
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janus
I would suggest to contact their helpdesk.
Their helpdesk - it is something: I have newer seen less user-friendly support. To my mind, they have to organize a football team: I felt as a ball, but with the one-week delay between the passes...