Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-21-2010, 12:31 PM   #1
Anarel
Evangelist
Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: K1, GKDX, K3
Calibre 0.6.42- You can edit Amazon DRM'd metadata!

Yes!

I ran this book for class, Pride and Prejudice, which had Enriched E-book attached to both the title and author's name.

I edited it and then downloaded it onto my kindle. Enriched E-book was gone from the end of the Author's name!

But sadly, I couldn't change the title. If it could be possible to make it so that we can edit Kindle ebook with Amazon's DRm titles as well I (and many other, I'd imagine) would die happy.

Well, I jut thought that I'd put this out there. Thanks for all the work, Kovid. I'm off to fix all the books in my library that have the author's name in ALL CAPS or have the date after them, or put a comma where they shouldn't have!
Anarel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 12:44 PM   #2
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
If you encounter a book whose title can't be changed (non-DRM only), try this:
  • Select the problem book
  • Click the Convert E-books icon
  • Select MOBI as the Input and Output formats
  • Click OK
When the conversion completes, download to the Kindle, and the title should be correct.

Please report results.

G

Last edited by GRiker; 02-21-2010 at 05:59 PM.
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2010, 01:24 PM   #3
Anarel
Evangelist
Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Hn. No dice. I successfuly changed the Author info, but not the title.

I got that- you cannot convert this book, it has DRM message... I changed the output format to Mobi, but since it was an AZW format book it wouldn't let me change the imput format to that.

I had to Save to Disk it to get it onto my Kindle.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:27 PM   #4
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarel View Post

I got that- you cannot convert this book, it has DRM message... I changed the output format to Mobi, but since it was an AZW format book it wouldn't let me change the imput format to that.

Use the Mobi2Mobi GUI.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 01:30 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@GRiker: titles are set in two places in MOBI files (the palmdoc header and the exth header). Does the DRMed metadata setting change both?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2010, 02:07 PM   #6
Anarel
Evangelist

@daffy,

I can't I've got a mac.... or at least i'm too scared to mess with terminal...
Old 02-21-2010, 05:18 PM   #7
GRiker
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Anarel - please PM me so I can take a look at the file in question.

G
Old 02-21-2010, 05:31 PM   #8
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
This sounds great. Do I need to remove all the books from the kindle and redo the changes then upload them again? Also, in the previous Calibre I had already corrected the authors names and titles, but while they showed correctly in Calibre they didnt on the kindle. Do I need to re do these changes for them to work on the kindle?

OK, I am unable to convert many of the books that are DRM to Mobi so the titles cant be amended. And some of the books that I purchased from Amazon seem to have no file format at all. How does that happen?

Last edited by Pushka; 02-21-2010 at 05:41 PM.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 05:36 PM   #9
GRiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushka View Post
This sounds great. Do I need to remove all the books from the kindle and redo the changes then upload them again?
Yes, that would be the cleanest approach. Clear the Kindle, edit the metadata in calibre, upload the books to the Kindle.

If there are any books whose metadata is not properly set when displayed on the Kindle, please let me know.

G

Last edited by GRiker; 02-21-2010 at 05:41 PM.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:26 PM   #10
GRiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarel View Post

Fixed in next release.

G
Old 02-21-2010, 06:48 PM   #11
Anarel
Evangelist

*dances*
Old 02-21-2010, 07:06 PM   #12
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
I was just reading another forum and another poster has the same problem as I do with this author: Margaret Attwood. No matter what we do, neither of us can get her name into the kindle correctly. I should delete her books just to punish her!
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 07:31 PM   #13
GRiker

@Pushka: PM me with the file so I can take a look at it to determine the problem.

G
Old 03-01-2010, 09:14 PM   #14
montalex
Fanatic
montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindleDX,Kindle 4, Kindle Keyboard 3G
changing book title in metadata

Hey! I had the same trouble with changing a book title-- it would change in Calibre, but remain the same when sent to my Kindle. But, I updated to 0.6.43, and did as suggested above, changed the title then converted from MOBI to MOBI, and it worked perfectly. Maybe I needn't have done the final conversion.

Thanks much!!
montalex is offline   Reply With Quote