Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-03-2010, 06:50 PM   #1
tkoc
tkoc began at the beginning.

Device: Adobe Digital Editions
Intro from up north

Hi, just found Mobileread on my treck to ebook publishing knowledge. I am looking for know-how in production of ebooks. So I guess those are the threads where you'll find me stationed.
Atm I am without a device, but leaning towards one of the Sony's. So any pros and cons on any device appreciated.
tkoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 07:16 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, tkoc.

enjoy the forums, and don't hesitate to ask questions.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2010, 07:51 PM   #3
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome to MR, tkoc

I've had the Sony 505 for a year now and love everything about it. The MR Wiki has a great E-book Reader Matrix for information about various devices.

I don't have any experience in publishing or formatting so following the threads in those forums will more than likely give you lots of information.

One thing to keep in mind is that there are many devices on the market and to produce any ebook in as many formats as possible to reach the largest customer base as possible.

Oh, and a BIG P.S.... No DRM if you please
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 06:26 AM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi tkoc and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 06:40 AM   #5
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Hi Tkoc, welcome to MobileRead. I, too, have a Sony prs-505 and I love it, I really couldn't give you a "con" about it. However, our reading need and wants may vary. What sort of books / documents do you plan on using your reader for? What I mean is, to you plan to read only fiction, do you plan on reading a lot of pdfs that are full of illustrations? Anything that you would like to mention can help find something that might suit you the best.

Best of luck!
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2010, 06:41 AM   #6
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Welcome.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote