Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-26-2009, 12:11 AM   #1
crutnacker
Connoisseur
crutnacker has learned how to read e-bookscrutnacker has learned how to read e-bookscrutnacker has learned how to read e-bookscrutnacker has learned how to read e-bookscrutnacker has learned how to read e-bookscrutnacker has learned how to read e-bookscrutnacker has learned how to read e-books

Device: None
Can you get accident protection on a refurbished Kindle?

Can't find anything but a normal extended warranty.
crutnacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 09:41 AM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
You may have to contact Amazon on that one. Or read through the information on the Service Net Extended Warranty buy page.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2009, 11:24 AM   #3
Achilles
Enthusiast
Achilles began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
I contacted amazon last week regarding this very issue, and NO. The refurbished Kindles are not eligable for the extended warranty from amazon, and SquareTrade will not let you put the accident protection on their warranties for refurbished products either. I was pretty bummed to find all of this out as I got a refurbished Kindle for my wife for Christmas and she's a little accident-prone.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 10:12 AM   #4
honkymagoo
honkymagoo began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505 *Blue*
Cheap is expensive...
honkymagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 05:46 PM   #5
thadiyan
Enthusiast
thadiyan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard & Kindle Touch
Do keep in mind, if you made your purchase with an American Express card, you are probably eligible for an extended warranty through them, which in a sense is better than extended warranty offered by Amazon, as there is no direct cost involved. Hence cheap is better indeed at times at least in my case. I am not sure what the deal is with mastercard/visa purchases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
I contacted amazon last week regarding this very issue, and NO. The refurbished Kindles are not eligable for the extended warranty from amazon, and SquareTrade will not let you put the accident protection on their warranties for refurbished products either. I was pretty bummed to find all of this out as I got a refurbished Kindle for my wife for Christmas and she's a little accident-prone.
thadiyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert