Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-16-2009, 06:26 AM   #1
ostler99
ostler99 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ostler99 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ostler99 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ostler99 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ostler99 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony 700, iRex 1000s
Hi from an Australia Lawyer

I am an Australian lawyer.
I use my Sony 700 for recreational reading and I am very pleased with it. Although most free novels are pre-1925, this suits me as I prefer classic English literature to the modern stuff.
At the moment, I am working my way through Walter Scott's Waverley Novels.

I am a barrister (attorney) and I run a one-man legal practice with no employees.
My practice is 95% paperless. I have all my briefs and legal research on my computer in pdf.
I have ordered an iREx DR1000s because I wish to experiment with it in court - that is, to load a brief onto it and use it like a paper file.
Are there any other lawyers who use the DR 1000s? I am very interested to make contact.
ostler99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 06:32 AM   #2
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Hi Ostler and welcome to MR.

And around here we might joke about lawyers, but we don't hold it against you. (not much anyway)
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2009, 08:35 AM   #3
ostler99
ostler99 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ostler99 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ostler99 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ostler99 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ostler99 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Oh well, if you can help to make me a better lawyer then that would be something!
Old 12-16-2009, 09:16 AM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, ostler.

Lots of other Aussies on this board, not sure if any are lawyers, tho.........

Be sure and download some of the thousands of free ebooks available here.....well formatted by our own members.

Enjoy.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 12:47 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi ostler99 and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2009, 02:46 PM   #6
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome to MR, ostler99 I'll not hold it against you.... my cousin is a lawyer.

Have you discovered all the free ebooks on MR mentioned by desertgrandma? They are beautifully hand formatted by some very dedicated MR members.

We also have many author members on MR who very generously offer their work for free.. check my list at feedbooks for a list of a few of them.

As you explore our forums make sure you check out the Writers' Corner and the Deals, Freebies, and Resources for other links to author member works. Smashwords is also a site that many author members use (see my signature for a list of a few to check out).

Check out Baen (free SciFi) and for purchase books plus a couple of MR author member sites to show that many authors have more to offer.. Steve Jordan books and essays, Simon Haynes software and books.

Some other sites used by MR author members: Book View Cafe and Wildchild Publishing

Wow, lots of info.. Can you tell that I am a great supporter of MR author member? Have fun exploring all that your new Reader can do.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 07:55 PM   #7
ostler99

Thanks guys.
I feel at home already.
Old 12-19-2009, 06:03 PM   #8
Jozawun
Fanatic
Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen 3, Pocketbook 902, Sony 650
Welcome from another Australian. I used to be on the game (ie a lawyer) as well, but now I am a reformed character. I thoroughly agree with you about the classics.
Jozawun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 03:55 PM   #9
jinlo
aka coco jinlo
jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just purchased Sony 505, but alas, it is for the wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by ostler99 View Post
I have all my briefs and legal research on my computer
Briefs on your computer? I hope you put pants on it as well.

Bwahahahahahaha

<OK, maybe it's not that funny, but some of you were thinking the same thing, just admit it.>

Rotten joke aside, welcome.
jinlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 05:33 PM   #10
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: iPhone
All that stuff I said about the darknet ... I was just kidding!

Welcome to the greatest literary forum I know - and not just eLiterary!
mores is offline   Reply With Quote