Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Interead COOL-ER

Notices

Old 12-10-2009, 07:00 AM   #1
hermano
Connoisseur
hermano began at the beginning.

Device: cybook gen 3
Poor Cool -er support here

Can I ask why there is such poor Cool -er support or information on this forum?

The list of ebook devices at the start of the forum is good, but includes much lesser (in ability, popularity etc) then the cool-er.

I have recently got one and find it excellent. Why so little information, support etc here?
hermano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 07:15 AM   #2
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by hermano View Post
Can I ask why there is such poor Cool -er support or information on this forum?

The list of ebook devices at the start of the forum is good, but includes much lesser (in ability, popularity etc) then the cool-er.

I have recently got one and find it excellent. Why so little information, support etc here?
A good question, actually! Mostly, the Cool-er owners amongst our members have been rather quiet mostly, but we will try to create a better place for discussions about this device soon! In fact, I was already talking about this with my moderator friends for some days!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2009, 01:54 PM   #3
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
Requested

A special forum area was requested... as of yet the mods have not created one. I think they don't like the Cool-er.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 02:04 PM   #4
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassanik View Post
A special forum area was requested... as of yet the mods have not created one. I think they don't like the Cool-er.

Amy
Please give me a little time, Amy! I'm lobbying for this! I really do! I am the only Cool-er owner among the moderators!
Old 12-10-2009, 05:05 PM   #5
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Please give me a little time, Amy! I'm lobbying for this! I really do! I am the only Cool-er owner among the moderators!
Oh yes, he really does and as he said we are discussing about the request. As far as i can tell MTH puts himself out for the Cool-er owners here.

Quote:
I think they don't like the Cool-er.
That's not so! But i can understand that you are frustrated about the situation and i'm really sorry for it.
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2009, 02:25 AM   #6
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
I've just got a Hanvon N516, and I see next to nothing on this forum on that one.
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:25 AM   #7
hermano
Connoisseur

how many of each?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
I've just got a Hanvon N516, and I see next to nothing on this forum on that one.
I have no idea of the popularity or sales figures for each of the e book readers, but am pretty sure the cool-er should be up there with the best of them, in uk anyway, as sold by argos amongst others.

Does anyone have sales figures for these things? Just curious.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:24 AM   #8
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post

Thanks Mtravellerh!

I guess my issue is that this has been in "discussion" since August 2009!

Since the Cool-er has been released the Opus, Astak, Pocketbook and Nook have all gotten their own sections.

The only thing I can think of is that the mods don't like the Cool-er since they had no trouble adding in the others.

A stop gap measure could be adding in a "Other E-ink device" section for some of the more obscure e-ink readers (though with Cool-er being sold on QVC I would not call it obscure).

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 12:31 PM   #9
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Thanks Mtravellerh!

I guess my issue is that this has been in "discussion" since August 2009!

Since the Cool-er has been released the Opus, Astak, Pocketbook and Nook have all gotten their own sections.

The only thing I can think of is that the mods don't like the Cool-er since they had no trouble adding in the others.

A stop gap measure could be adding in a "Other E-ink device" section for some of the more obscure e-ink readers (though with Cool-er being sold on QVC I would not call it obscure).

Amy
That is exactly what we will do to see how much trafic there will be. Then we will see what device gets its own dedicated subforum!
Old 12-13-2009, 05:16 AM   #10
hermano
Connoisseur

This still looks like a slap in the face for all cool-er users. Other ebook readers, as Amy rightly points out, have come along and been given their own section, so why not cool-er? (Sony even has two).

Putting them in a section such as 'Other E-ink devices' is grossly unfair, and confirms, in my opinion, the elitism (snobbery) shown by some people on this forum regarding devices they believe to be 'below them'.

Can we have an answer to the question why the cool-er has not been given a headed section to this forum?
Old 12-13-2009, 05:48 AM   #11
Kisxela
Kisxela began at the beginning.

Device: Asus-A696, Cool-er, Hanlin V5
Cool-er would deserve to get an own section. I love my violet reader.
Kisxela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 10:02 AM   #12
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Relax please.

First, unfortunately we can't give every device out there it's own section. I think it's obvious to everyone why it isn't practical to have dozens of first-level sections in a forum. Second, some sections were created in the past when not so many devices were available. And third, it's a question of interest: How many people own a specific device and how many people are interested in discussing about a specific device here at MobileRead.

Some devices (e.g. devices from sony, amazon, bookeen as well as some older devices) have just more customers than others. Other devices like the nook got a "hype in interest" even before the device was available.

At the moment it seems that there is just not enough interest in the Cool-er (compared to other devices) here to create a dedicated section for it. Please remember: The Cool-er is one of many devices without their own section at MobileRead. It's not a special "Cool-er situation".

Michael
(moderator)
Old 12-14-2009, 07:09 AM   #13
Kisxela
Kisxela began at the beginning.

Device: Asus-A696, Cool-er, Hanlin V5
It seems, Cool-er never get an own section. It's a pity!
It is easy to say that just a few would visit the section if there is no a section for it.
Kisxela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 07:46 AM   #14
netseeker
sleepless reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisxela View Post
It seems, Cool-er never get an own section. It's a pity!
We are still in discussion about the forum restructuring. The Cool-ER is one of many topics in this regard. Please have a little patience and give us time to work out a good and fair solution for all the devices that don't have a dedicated forum section yet.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:51 AM   #15
Counter
Connoisseur
Counter began at the beginning.

Device: EzReader
QVC sold over 10k units the other day as a Special of the Day. I will bet it will make a return to QVC since the only reason they did not keep selling them is because they sold out in about 15 hours or so.
Counter is offline   Reply With Quote