Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-02-2009, 12:00 AM   #1
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen
HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle International Ipad 2
New Kindle learning curve

Recieved my Kindle international edition and I sure could use some help.

I purchased a book that is part 1 of a trilogy. I made sure that 2 and three were available but now when I try to purchase part 2 it is not available to my location. Strangly part 2 is available to my location from fictionwise. Is there a way to find the pid for a kindle or will I have to read part 2 on my Cybook. I prefer the kindle for reading.

Why would Amazon block my purchase to my location (South Africa) but fictionwise does not?

Is there anyway to get my old mobi drm books onto my kindle? I realise that this forum will not allow links to drm stripping software but it seems to be legal to do this in South Africa as long as it is for my own use. I think that is the law but it is confusing and has not yet been tested in court. Besides drm stripping is there any other way to get these books onto my kindle. I am not looking to break the law in any way and am not asking anyone to break the rules of this forum.

Thank you all
HappyMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:38 AM   #2
LoganK
Groupie
LoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notes

Device: PRS-505,nook,Nook Color,Android
I don't own a Kindle, nor do I use Mobipocket in any fashion. However, I'll take a stab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyMartin View Post
Is there a way to find the pid for a kindle or will I have to read part 2 on my Cybook. I prefer the kindle for reading.
Look for kindlepid.py which is a program to transform your Kindle (hardware or iPhone, apprently) serial number into a Mobipocket PID.

Quote:
Why would Amazon block my purchase to my location (South Africa) but fictionwise does not?
It may be an oversight (likely) or perhaps the contracts are simply different. Most of the players are fairly new to enforcing this particular limitation so there is probably a lot of scrambling.

Quote:
Is there anyway to get my old mobi drm books onto my kindle?
For this, look for a program called kindlefix.py.
LoganK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2009, 09:16 AM   #3
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Finding the PID won't help you with the Kindle, as you can't enter it at FW. It might help to know the Cybook's PID (provided you look for different scripts).

First, though, you might try sending a note to both Amazon and the publisher asking them to double check the settings - many of the books are marked incorrectly, currently, in the Kindle store. Amazon will no doubt send back a form letter answer, but the publisher is the one that can get the setting changed (especially when they see lost sales).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:40 AM   #4
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
You can deDRM any Mobipocket ebook. Only thing you need to know is one of the PID with your ebook has been locked.

Once you know the device PID (or the PID with you purchase the ebook) you need to get mobidedrm.py. There are some versions available. Surelly one of it will work. That program will take your ebook, your PID and generate a non-DRM ebook.

For the Kindle/iPhone/iPod, PID is scrambled into Device serial number, then you need kindlepid.py to obtain your PID from serial number. Once you have it you can deDRM your Kindle ebooks as explained.

Those programs can be found in Internet. Google is your friend.
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 06:19 AM   #5
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen
HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle International Ipad 2
I am sorted, thanks for all the help. Can't believe I am using command prompts. Did not even know what they were yesterday.
HappyMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert