Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-03-2009, 11:02 PM   #1
krazy4katz
Addict
krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: [Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (KK)], Kindle Voyage, iPad Pro
Help changing metadata on MobileRead book

Hi everyone,

I downloaded "The Mysterious Affair at Styles" by Agatha Christie from the MobileRead catalog directly to my Kindle 1. Since half the title seems to be missing and I can't sort by author, I decided to try Calibre to edit the metadata. When I imported the book into Calibre, it said the format was .mbp. When I downloaded it from MobileRead, it said .prc. Anyway, I added the Author in the correct place and tried to send it to my device. Calibre said the .mbp format could not be read on my device and it seems it refused to send it. So I tried just copying it to the documents folder. When I looked at it on the kindle, nothing seems to have changed.

So far, I have not gotten anything to work in Calibre. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

k4k
krazy4katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 11:20 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
The .mbp file is where things like where you last left off reading your book are stored. Your Kindle should have both a .prc file and an .mbp file for any book you've opened. The file names will be the same except for the extension. The .prc file is what you need to change the metadata on.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2009, 06:16 AM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
If you are on a PC, in a window open on your Kindle folder, turn on the listing of filename extensions: Tools -> Folder Options -> View -> unselect "Hide extensions for known file types". I suggest selecting Apply to all Folders, because filename extensions are worth knowing.

Also, if you have MobiPocket Reader installed, the .prc (or .mobi) file should show up with the MOBI icon.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 09:07 PM   #4
krazy4katz
Addict
krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: [Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (KK)], Kindle Voyage, iPad Pro
Thank you, folks. I should have realized that! I will get back to you if I still have trouble.

k4k
krazy4katz is offline   Reply With Quote