Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-09-2009, 10:49 PM   #1
windylim
windylim began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600 prospective
Need advise about Sony reader

I'm looking to buy my first ebook reader. I've more or less settled my eyes on PRS-600, because I would like a bigger screen and ability to take notes.

My question is related to the Desktop software in general. I intend to convert my work related documents (in Word) to read on the PRS-600 (hence I need the ability to take notes). How easy/difficult is it to do so? Will the diagrams etc be preserve perfectly?

Does the desktop software also allow easy import of PDF files to the PRS-600? I have a couple of those that I would like to read on the PRS-600 too.

So I guess my main question is, does the Desktop software handle 'other' files well, or is it just mainly a portal to Sony Ebook store? I tried googling for some review of this software without much success. Thank you!
windylim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:41 PM   #2
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
It's a piece of cake!

in fact, in the Sony Library all you have to do is drag the DOC files to the Reader. The software does the conversion. You don't need to make them PDF at all.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert