Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-08-2009, 07:28 PM   #1
fishcube
Connoisseur
fishcube began at the beginning.

Device: Archos 5
download area 1x

So, can one still download when in the 1X range of Sprint? how fast is it when downloading a book?
fishcube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 07:32 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Yes. A book download will still be pretty fast but if you try to surf the Kindle store on the Kindle or any other website, it will be very slow.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2009, 09:01 PM   #3
jeremy81
Enthusiast
jeremy81 can extract oil from cheesejeremy81 can extract oil from cheesejeremy81 can extract oil from cheesejeremy81 can extract oil from cheesejeremy81 can extract oil from cheesejeremy81 can extract oil from cheesejeremy81 can extract oil from cheesejeremy81 can extract oil from cheesejeremy81 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Fire & Kindle 3
Yes, it still works. Up until the last month my area didn't have 3G/EVDO coverage. It really wasn't too bad. My speed was usually 140 kB/s. Thats almost triple dial-up speeds. Most books still downloaded in less than a minute but some larger books like Lord of the Rings or The Stand would take a bit longer. It seems like books download instantly now that I'm on 3G. I still wouldn't describe browsing or shopping in the Kindle store(on 1x) as very slow like the above poster stated. It really depends on how much traffic is on your local towers.
jeremy81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:06 PM   #4
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy81 View Post
I still wouldn't describe browsing or shopping in the Kindle store(on 1x) as very slow like the above poster stated. It really depends on how much traffic is on your local towers.
I guess our experiences with 1x are different.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote