Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-28-2009, 01:35 PM   #1
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Astak approved for ADE on EZ Reader

Astak has been Approved to sell eBook Reader Devices with Adobe Digital Editions

Astak of San Jose, California, has been approved by Adobe to sell devices with Adobe Digital Editions on them. Astak, a Team Research Inc company, is only the second manufacturer to gain such approval. Their factories will now be able to pre-load Digital Book Readers with Adobe Digital Editions and to offer Adobe Digital Editions Firmware Upgrades that will place Adobe Digital Editions onto all previous models of the EZ Reader Basic.

The EZ Reader basic is a 6 inch device that offers a fabulously EASY reading experience for the end user. The device uses E-Ink technology allowing 8,000 pages to a single charge and reading without eye strain (a problem with backlit devices). Able to store thousands of eBooks and MP3 music… the EZ Reader bests the competition by weighing less than 7 ounces, being about as thin as a pencil, and displaying in 12 formats and 20 languages. The crush-resistant case and earbuds are INCLUDED!

Adobe Digital Editions on the device will allow end users to purchase the very latest eBook titles from hundreds of websites. This is a huge advantage, as Astak supports the Open Format concept, allowing end users to shop for eBooks almost anywhere. Adobe Digital Editions allows both EPUB formatted document control and a much-enhanced PDF experience with “REFLOW” of the PDF picture.

Astak is very proud to offer this and sees this as another advantage of owning the most versatile of eBook Readers: EZ Reader!

We hope, by tomorrow, to provide a website where ALL EZ Reader end users can do a Firmware Upgrade to load Adobe Digital Editions onto their already-purchased EZ Reader. IF you presently have Mobipocket and want to keep Mobipocket on your device... simply do nothing with this firmware upgrade. However, we think this is a very exciting addition to the capabilities of those who purchased EZ Readers! I will POST on this thread!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Black EZ Reader Horizontal.JPG
Views:	524
Size:	124.7 KB
ID:	33127   Click image for larger version

Name:	Black EZ Reader in Leather Case.JPG
Views:	473
Size:	152.5 KB
ID:	33128   Click image for larger version

Name:	Black EZ Reader with enlarged font.JPG
Views:	484
Size:	731.2 KB
ID:	33129   Click image for larger version

Name:	Black EZ Reader with pencil to show thin.JPG
Views:	517
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	33130  
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:36 PM   #2
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Nice, and if you can keep that price of the pocket pro down to the $200 or so I will be buying one.

though I get the feeling it might cost a bit more. by about 25%
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2009, 10:44 PM   #3
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
I found the new firmware at http://www.theezreader.com/index.asp
You have to rename the bin file to V3update.bin to get it to update.

Chuck
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:32 AM   #4
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ-Reader - Samsung Nook's- Nook S/T w/Glow - Kindle Fire - Nova 2
Library Books Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvkemp View Post
I found the new firmware at http://www.theezreader.com/index.asp
You have to rename the bin file to V3update.bin to get it to update.

Chuck
I downloaded the new Firmware and thanks for the tip on renaming the file.

I also transferred two library books to my EZ-Reader after I authorized it and both books work (there was a debate on whether or not a Library book would be readable on the Ez-Reader since it doesn't have a calendar application).
Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 08:52 AM   #5
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The firmware is looking good. The only thing that have noticed is the fact that when you are reading apdf or ebub and you lock the keyboard it does not unlock correctly and most of the time will shut off.
The mobi files that I checked work no DRM, and the lock and unlock works fine.

Chuck
Advert
Old 07-30-2009, 09:18 AM   #6
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
I was not able to get FB2 ebooks to work. This included the OpenInkPot OI-on-SD version, which starts from a .exe.fb2 file and so needs FB2 support.

EDIT: the 20090730 version supports FB2 and OI-on-SD.

Last edited by wallcraft; 07-30-2009 at 08:21 PM.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:20 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Astak of San Jose, California, has been approved by Adobe to sell devices with Adobe Digital Editions on them. Astak, a Team Research Inc company, is only the second manufacturer to gain such approval.
Really? I thought that a number of other brands were already ADE-certified, eg Sony, Bookeen, Jetbook, Cool-ER, etc. Is it Astak which has been ADE-certified, or is it Jinke?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:59 AM   #8
cvkemp
Loving life

I have found that non DRM ereader ebooks can be read. But not DRM ereader. I believe that I read that DRM ereader ebooks will be enabled later.
Robert B is that correct.

Chuck
Old 07-30-2009, 11:10 AM   #9
cvkemp
Loving life

Sorry if this is a stupid question but if I purchase a epub DRM book what is the correct way to download and transfer to my EZreader.

Thanks in advanced
Chuck
Old 07-30-2009, 11:13 AM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Once your EZreader is authorized via ADE then you can use ADE to transfer the eBook or Windows Explorer (If you have Windows).
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 11:14 AM   #11
MaggieScratch
Has got to the black veil
MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle Paperwhite 2
Um...what do I spy with my little eye???

The Pocket Pro is available for pre-order for $229!
MaggieScratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 11:17 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

How do people outside North America order?
Old 07-30-2009, 11:20 AM   #13
MaggieScratch
MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Are you going to order one, Harry?
Old 07-30-2009, 11:21 AM   #14
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

I would be very interested in doing so, yes, but the web site does not seem to want to let me...
Old 07-30-2009, 11:23 AM   #15
MaggieScratch

Hmm...I can't get past the first screen. I get an error message "please enter the quantity of product(s) you wish to order," which I did. I guess it's not quite ready to go.