Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 07-14-2009, 03:38 PM   #1
Deborah Fay
Deborah Fay began at the beginning.

Device: HP iPaq, Sony PRS-505, Treo 680
Smile A Great Big Hello to Everyone. :-)

I am an avid reader and have been all my life. I have never been without a book nearby; either a regular book, ereader, or audio book. I was thrilled to find this forum. I am hooked on Audible books, well books of any kind and any platform really. I just purchased by first Sony reader and it should arrive in a few days. I am so excited. I am hoping to find a way to convert my extensive digital library that I have been building for many, many years through Peanut Press then bought out by eReader who was bought out by Fictionwise. LOL Now that Barnes & Noble’s have bought them out I am hoping that I will be able to convert my 10 years of ebook purchases to read on the Sony 505. I am not sure if I can convert them to read on the Sony but I am still excited to get a reader that is larger than my HP iPaq or my Treo 680. For some reason my eyes don't work as well as they used to and I am really looking forward to the larger reader and print size.

Last edited by Deborah Fay; 07-14-2009 at 03:40 PM.
Deborah Fay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 03:47 PM   #2
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Welcome to MobileRead, Deborah!

I have a Sony 700 and absolutely love it! There are ways to convert your ebooks to the lrf format that you need for the Sony. Unfortunately, we cannot tell you how to do it here at MR because the process of stripping the copy protection (DRM) is illegal is some countries. You can go use your favorite search engine to do a search for software to deDRM your ereader files and then use other software to convert the deDRMed file to lrf. It's complicated but can be done. Until you have that all figured out, though, there are many wonderful ebooks that you can download here for free.

Take a look around and enjoy!

Happy reading!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2009, 03:55 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Deborah and welcome to MobileRead. I've had a 505 for over a year and a half and really like it. Be sure and let us know when yours arrives.

You can use calibre software (free here on MobileRead) to convert any non-DRM book. Also, be sure and check out all our free books here

I used to read on an iPaq but much prefer the Sony and eInk technology. Problem with the iPaq was the light shining directly in the eyes
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 10:05 PM   #4
Deborah Fay

Thanks for the warm welcomes and the technical advice. I had been debating whether to get the Sony 505 or the 700 for a long time. I am still no sure I got the one best for me but I think / hope that I did. I spent a long time trying to decide between all the different digital book readers. I had finally narrowed it down between the Kindle and the Sonys but in the end I just couldn't resist the Danielle Steele Edition. I can't wait until it gets here! I just decided to pause while typing this and check my email to see if it's been shipped. Yeah! It's been shipped and will be here Friday!!
Old 07-14-2009, 10:45 PM   #5
Falbe Publishing
Gadget Slave
Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS505SC
Enjoy your Sony reader. It is a great gadget for avid readers, and I expect you'll find reading on it quite comfortable.
Falbe Publishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2009, 08:23 AM   #6
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Hello Deborah, and Name:  red flowers.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  3.7 KB to Mobileread.

I have the 505 and love it.

Please DO let us know how you like your new toy when it arrives.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 05:04 PM   #7
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah Fay View Post
Thanks for the warm welcomes and the technical advice. I had been debating whether to get the Sony 505 or the 700 for a long time. I am still no sure I got the one best for me but I think / hope that I did. I spent a long time trying to decide between all the different digital book readers. I had finally narrowed it down between the Kindle and the Sonys but in the end I just couldn't resist the Danielle Steele Edition. I can't wait until it gets here! I just decided to pause while typing this and check my email to see if it's been shipped. Yeah! It's been shipped and will be here Friday!!
Welcome Deb! It's Saturday and hopefully that means you have your precious new toy in your hot little hands? I wish I'd known about the Danielle Steel edition. I might have waited to get an ebook reader...I LOVE Danielle Steel. Although it showed the 3 books on a website I found (I think) and I've read 2 out of 3 of them. But hey it still would've been cool to have her name on the front. Oh well. What other authors do you like? I just read Danielle's newest book Matters of the Heart...AWESOME book. Happy reading!
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 08:15 PM   #8
Deborah Fay

Yes, I have it! :-) It came in late yesterday afternoon. I even took the day off from work so I would be here to see it the minute it got here! LOL Yes you could say I was a little excited. It really looks great. The contrast is really good and easy to ready. The cover is really neat with her name embossed on it but after reading though your great forum I also bought 2 covers from M-edge: the red Executive Jacket and the Leisure Case along with the Mighty Bright Travelflex book light. I am thrilled with all of my purchases. Thanks to everyone for the wonderful and informative web site!!

I read just about anything in fiction. I have been buying ebooks (all from Peanut Press / eReader) for more than 10+ years and have over 200+. I also listen to Audible books. I've been a member for about 4 years and get 24 books years plus of course I ended up buying more that than just the yearly 24 with my membership so I am not sure how many Audible books I have. LOL

I love everything from Stephen King, Dean Koontz, Robin Cook, Kathy Reichs, Nora Roberts / J.D. Robb, Robert Ludlum, Jean Auel, Dan Brown, Patricia Cornwell, Michael Crichton, Nicholas Sparks, Jesse Kellerman, Michael Connelly, John Sandford, John Grisham, Robert Ludlum, Janet Evanovich, James Patterson, and Richard North Patterson

I really enjoyed the Left Behind series plus the Left Behind Political Series by Nessa Hart. Right now I am enjoying Diana Gabaldon's Outlander Series.

The ones that I haven't read but plan to (because my daughter absolutely loved them and can't stop talking about them. LOL) are Stephanie Meyer's "Twilight" Series and The Southern Vampire Mysteries (Sookie Stackhouse books) by Charlaine Harris. I really enjoy the HBO series "True Blood" that's based on the books.

Okay sorry to have written such a long post.

The bottom line is that I LOVE my new toy!! I have not yet connected it to my computer and downloaded the free Danielle Steel books. I have just been reading the excerpts that came with it. I really want to start transferring eReader books over to it so that I can enjoy them to but after reading and reading and reading about it I am really nervous about the conversion.

Thanks to those of you that have been patient enough to make it through reading this long post.

Again thanks for this great forum!
Deborah
Old 07-18-2009, 10:34 PM   #9
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Congrats on your new toy. I have both the same MEdge covers and really like them . And I just ordered the same light.

Be sure and check out all the free books here on the site and also the lending libraries that lend out free eBooks here https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/EBook_Lending_Libraries
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 12:35 AM   #10
hnoto
Groupie
hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Welcome, and congrats on your new reader--you will love it!
hnoto is offline   Reply With Quote