Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-11-2009, 04:34 PM   #1
worand
worand began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS700
Bookmarks wont go away

Have had my 700 for 6 months now (bought in Canada but I live in UK) but recently the bookmark function is playing up.

It all works fine as long as I use sleep mode but as soon as I shut the device down and start it up again I lose any bookmarks I have made in the last few weeks and whats more I regain the bookmarks which I had a few weeks ago time even though I have deleted them many times and in many different ways.

Any ideas short of a hard reset?
worand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 03:54 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Sounds like a corrupt file system. Do a "chkdsk".
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2009, 07:37 AM   #3
worand
worand began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS700
Hah! I'm a dope.

All symptoms caused by using SD card with write protection tab set to protect. Doh!!

Could create new bookmarks in volatile (and sleep) memory but of course wouldn't write to card on shutdown just as delete command wouldn't.

Found out when I tried to delete one of the books with a bookmark.
worand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 07:38 AM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by worand View Post
Hah! I'm a dope.

All symptoms caused by using SD card with write protection tab set to protect. Doh!!

Could create new bookmarks in volatile (and sleep) memory but of course wouldn't write to card on shutdown just as delete command wouldn't.

Found out when I tried to delete one of the books with a bookmark.
glad to hear it wasn't anything serious. if only all problems were so easily resolved !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote