Notices

Old 05-22-2005, 05:07 AM   #1
Arnaud
Enthusiast
Arnaud began at the beginning.

Device: iPod Touch
could iSiloX block my Hotsync ? [UPDT 7/1/05 : it did not]

Hello everyone !

For the last few weeks I haven't been able to make a Hotsync (via Missing Sync, I'm on a Clié TH55)
I didn't know exactly what to do, and waited as long as possible to hard-reset and install everything all over.

I didn't find an answer of my problems (I reinstalled PalmDesktop4.2.1 and Missing Sync many times) so I had to hard-reset.

That's what I did yesterday. It took most of my evening and it worked just fine until...

Ok, first of all, hard reset, then I tried to hotsync my ToDos, Calendars and Contacts : worked fine -> I could go on to install my apps

- installed AvantGo, Acrobat, iSilo : worked fine

- re-entered all my network settings and did an AvantGo wifi sync : no problem

- installed PocketTunes, MobiPocket, Filez .. everytime the hotsync afterward worked fine

I was ready to go to sleep with a happy heart, then I tried one last thing: to convert some of my websites with iSilox on the mac.
It puts automatically some .pdb to be installed on MissingSync.
And guess what ? Yeah : my hotsync froze, no way no cancel it, and all I could do was a soft reset.

That's the problem I've been having for the last couple of weeks.

Sooo, it SEEMS that the problem comes from iSilox and that I've been searching in all the wrong places (Conduits on the mac, reset on the Palm, hotsync cable ...) all the time.

Do you think it's possible it comes from iSiloX ??
Have you heard of something similar ?

And what should I do :
1° no to have to hard reset and do it all over again
2° make iSiloX works again..

Is there something (some preference) I could trash out ?

Thanks for your help !

Last edited by Arnaud; 07-01-2005 at 10:36 AM.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:36 AM   #2
Arnaud
Enthusiast
Arnaud began at the beginning.

Device: iPod Touch
Hello everyone :

just to make things straight and for the record : iSiloX had nothing to do with my problems : it happened twice since - I then thought it was due to some chat/AIM soft on the Palm, and the third time I accused .. well some other soft that had nothing to do.

Everytime I installed my Palm from scratch again, just to discover that the real cause was in front of my eyes all the time, and was the simplest solution : the driver of my Chainpus keyboard for the Palm had switched on.
And when it's On, the hotsync don't work anymore.

It seems that sometimes after a hotsync - and for this thread, after some iSilo produced .pdb was installed - the driver goes from switched off to on ... and causes the problem.

I think - I pray - that it's the solution.

Sorry to have bothered you and to have accused my dear iSilo

Cheers
Advert
Old 07-01-2005, 10:53 AM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Sorry for not being a better help! Glad you could solve it yourself, Arnaud.
Old 07-01-2005, 04:40 PM   #4
Pride Of Lions
just kinda geeky
Pride Of Lions began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
That's mighty fine detective work, Arnaud. Those pesky keyboard drivers!

It's a pain, but it has to be done to properly diagnose what app. is causing the trouble sometimes. It seems that I have to do it about twice a year to get rid of some software incompatibility. I've learned to make good backups over the years to offset the restoration process.
POL9A