Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-23-2009, 07:57 PM   #1
MrsRSR
Kindle2 Newbie
MrsRSR began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
Thumbs up Hi, and there might be an onslaught of us...

Lots of us on amazon.com anxiously awaiting the arrival of our Kindle2 (which is, for many of us, our first e-reader) just found out about you.

Thank you in advance for helping to initiate us newbies!
MrsRSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 08:00 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome, MrsRSR...........to MobileRead.

How did you "find out' about us?

Enjoy the free books (under the blue e-book tab), and you'll want the mobipocket format. Dont'
forget to download the guide to your Kindle2 when you get it.

Shout out with any questions, and have you
read the guide available online? Click on the linky,.........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2009, 08:19 PM   #3
MrsRSR
Kindle2 Newbie

Hi DesertGrandma! A new Kindle2 owner started a discussion thread asking what new owners need to know. Someone named "John Newton" posted the first reply, which was to come here. I came to check it out and saw "Flat Land" available (which I had intended to buy as one of my first ebooks), checked out a couple of the forums, and was instantly hooked.

Thanks for the links to the good stuff, and I will read the guide and check out the selections while I wait for my new gizmo to arrive! You guys seem awfully nice -- I hope you don't get overwhelmed with intruders!!
Old 02-23-2009, 08:21 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 08:30 PM   #5
MrsRSR
Kindle2 Newbie

Hi Brian! Thanks for the enthusiastic Welcome!
Advert
Old 02-23-2009, 08:36 PM   #6
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsRSR View Post
Hi DesertGrandma! A new Kindle2 owner started a discussion thread asking what new owners need to know. Someone named "John Newton" posted the first reply, which was to come here. I came to check it out and saw "Flat Land" available (which I had intended to buy as one of my first ebooks), checked out a couple of the forums, and was instantly hooked.

Thanks for the links to the good stuff, and I will read the guide and check out the selections while I wait for my new gizmo to arrive! You guys seem awfully nice -- I hope you don't get overwhelmed with intruders!!
I don't think it is possible to overwhelm us. It's not so much that we are nice, it's more that so many of us are clinically insane.

Have a great time.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 08:44 PM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
I don't think it is possible to overwhelm us. It's not so much that we are nice, it's more that so many of us are clinically insane.
I know as a lawyer you are used to being proxy for others. But speak for yourself.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 09:01 PM   #8
MrsRSR
Kindle2 Newbie

No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:08 PM   #9
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I know as a lawyer you are used to being proxy for others. But speak for yourself.

BOb
Says the penguin in the top hat and tux who flies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsRSR View Post
No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness.
Who said anything about a mixture??
Old 02-23-2009, 09:13 PM   #10
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Says the penguin in the top hat and tux who flies.
Yea but look at your hat....

Erm... wait o n e minute.....

I CAN FLY???

BOb
Old 02-23-2009, 09:17 PM   #11
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:

Have a great time.

That's me, Filbert Insayne....
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 09:29 PM   #12
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Yea but look at your hat....

Erm... wait o n e minute.....

I CAN FLY???

BOb
Sort of implied by your name .... no .... not the "BOb" part, the "pilot" part.

Oh, and the hat is piratical ... not Napoleonic. Besides, I know I'm nuts.

Last edited by RickyMaveety; 02-23-2009 at 09:31 PM.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:06 PM   #13
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Sort of implied by your name .... no .... not the "BOb" part, the "pilot" part.
Oh... that. I thought you meant cause I had wings. Are you saying being a pilot means I am a bit nuts?

BOb
Old 02-23-2009, 10:08 PM   #14
nelamvr6
Zealot
nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Oasis 2 (2017)
Welcome!
nelamvr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:33 PM   #15
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Oh... that. I thought you meant cause I had wings. Are you saying being a pilot means I am a bit nuts?

BOb
No .... heavens, no. You're nuts all on your own. It has nothing at all to do with your choice of career. Not at all .......