Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old Today, 06:26 PM   #1
braddo
braddo began at the beginning.

Device: several
Digital ToDo List for eInk?

Hi all, I have been looking for a while for a todo list app that I could use on an eink device. I wonder if any of you have seen such a thing?

Most eInk devices of course have todo list templates. But these are mostly just paper replacements. I.e. documents with a place to write your list item and maybe a check box that you could write in to indicate a task is done. Remarkable, Boox, Scribe, others have this.

I'm looking for something different. I would like to be able to write my todo item on a task area but then have the ability to rearrange those areas. To be able to delete a task and have all of the others move up to take that space. To be able to mark progress from say, new/started/underway/complete, where complete makes the task disappear. I would like to manage multiple lists on different topics and maybe move tasks from one list to another.

All of this exists for keyboard / typed in OCR todo apps, but I have yet to see such a thing for eInk, where the task itself is a set of strokes on a small canvas object and nothing more. It's like a paper todo but digital, not just like digital paper if you know what I mean...

Has anyone found such a thing? I actually got frustrated enough that I wrote a web app that does exactly that. It works great on the computer but on eInk devices, it requires hardware integration that I have not yet done or there is bad latency for the writing step. Boox devices have an sdk and I'm working through that but it's a lot of effort. I'm asking one more time, in this community if anyone has seen such a thing. If it exists I would buy the device just to use it. I actually already own Boox, Scribe and Remarkable devices and no love.

Let me know if you have thoughts, thanks!
braddo is offline   Reply With Quote