Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-31-2024, 10:05 PM   #1
1ily
1ily began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Keeping track of your books & subtitle customizations

I'm curious to see how many people customize their metadata to add more info about a book! I'd love to see what changes you made

I get lazy to long press on a book and click "book details" so I've substituted the scarcely used subtitle section for word counts followed by the genres or tropes. If there's no genres/tropes then I'll replace this with the hours/minutes needed to read a book. Then I categorize the books into collections by word count, season/mood, or genre
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot01.png
Views:	106
Size:	694.2 KB
ID:	208620  
1ily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2024, 10:26 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
I've been wanting to add page count to the subtitle field, but haven't gotten around to it (mostly because I constantly forget I want to do it.). My collections are mostly based on genres, so I'm not going to bother adding a genre to the subtitle.

My reading speed is extremely uneven, so I'm not going to bother with that either.

At the moment I only have title, series and author displayed in the book list.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2024, 01:44 AM   #3
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I have collections based on:
  1. Genre
  2. Reading challenges
My customization in metadata include:
  1. Subtitle
    It includes:
    1. Page count
    2. Reading challenges
  2. Comment section
    It includes:
    1. Genre
    2. Reading challenges
    3. Original page count for the book (from goodreads)
    4. Sure I'm forgetting something as I did the template long time ago....
Everything is fulfilled automatically based on information I add to (or calculate for) every book.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2024, 02:26 AM   #4
Katja_hbg
Groupie
Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo Glo HD (landscape), Kobo Aura One
Subtitle: Genre followed by number of pages.

Authorname is followed by number of books and "5*" whenever this author got 5 stars by me.

All automatically done.
Katja_hbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2024, 02:30 AM   #5
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
There are four lines in my book lists: Title, number of pages, series and author. And as the number of books in my 3 readers increased (some 8000 now), so did the number of tags with main genre, with cross-tags (fanfiction and fanfic ss for instance) with a number in front for those I want at the top of the collections list.
Here are examples (in French):
0 catalogue
0 référence
1 *
1 * fiction
1 à lire
1 à relire
1 SF-F à lire
1_italien à lire
2 omnibus poésie hor réf
5 à réviser
6 espagnol
8+ (= not readable on 7" or less readers)
Byron (for books by Byron or on Byron)
éfélé (a source for French classics)

Note: I attribute one star or none.
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2024, 05:34 PM   #6
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
I read a lot of fanfiction on my Kobo, so on those I use the subtitle to display the fandom and story progress (in-progress/complete).
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2024, 11:06 PM   #7
hatuluang
Zealot
hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
Keeping Track of your books & subtitle customizations

I add genre and pages number at subtitle customization.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_001.png
Views:	42
Size:	306.1 KB
ID:	208642  
hatuluang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2024, 04:40 AM   #8
Lys
Zealot
Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Too many) Kobo(s)
My Collections are (too many ):
  • Books: Language
  • Books: Length
  • Books: Genre
  • Books: Reading List
  • FanFiction: Genre/Tropes
  • FanFiction: Length
  • FanFiction: Kudos/Faves
  • FanFiction: Reading List

Then, my subtitle contains:

For Books: Pages, Genre, GR Avg Rating