Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-31-2024, 06:35 PM   #1
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe and Libra Colour
Books in Kobo Collections on device being removed

It's getting quite frustrating to go to the trouble of setting up collections on my Kobo, adding books and then next time I look at the collections, they have zero books!

I am thinking the Kobo can only handle collections from Calibre (which I have set up successfully using tags) OR on device collections - not a mixture of the two - is that correct?

It's annoying. I have spent some time converting some comic books which were supplied as epubs (or even as kepubs only) to PDF so I can zoom and save the zoom level on my KLC. It's working really well. But, as I currently have the original versions on my KLC as well as my PDF versions, I created a PDF Versions collection and added these, and others, so there is some organization, otherwise it is confusing, as you can imagine.

So I am getting in a muddle, as it has kicked all the PDFs out of my new PDF Versions collection, so there is no way to tell which is which in cover view.

I set up collections like this successfully on a previous Kobo, but was not using the Calibre created collections at the same time.

Does anyone know why this is not working for me?

(Another example is that I created a Collection of Books Finished on my KLC since April 30, but this kept removing all the books as well, so I just deleted the collection and now use the Finished drop down sort - but I would prefer to have a collection for this as well as it is a good record for me to look back over.)
Pjama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2024, 06:44 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Seems a bit odd. I have a mix of Kobo created and calibre created collections. However, I did add the Kobo created collections into calibre.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2024, 06:51 PM   #3
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Seems a bit odd. I have a mix of Kobo created and calibre created collections. However, I did add the Kobo created collections into calibre.
That might help mine stick - did you have to do that manually? Or is there a way to do it automatically when I connect my KLC?
Old 05-31-2024, 06:54 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
I'm not absolutely certain since I did this quite a while back. I think it was manual.

You may also want to use the Ignore collections.

You may find some help in the Kobo Shelves and Collections entry in the MobileRead Wiki.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2024, 06:57 PM   #5
Pjama
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I'm not absolutely certain since I did this quite a while back. I think it was manual.
Thanks, I will try setting them up manually on Calibre then.
Advert
Old 05-31-2024, 10:27 PM   #6
John Hopper
Addict
John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I set mine up manually in Calibre. If I set up a different collection on the device, or add or remove items from a collection on the device, these changes will disappear after the next connection to Calibre, as the Calibre configuration of collections will override it.

Sent from my Pixel Fold using Tapatalk
John Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2024, 12:42 PM   #7
Asyd Rayn
Asyd Rayn doesn't litterAsyd Rayn doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Oasis/Kobo Libra Colour
What I've done is created a collection in Calibre, there's a plugin "Manage Collections" that I use. I too experienced this, so what I did was created a collection "Politics & Bios" in Calibre, then in the book list in calibre I just used the drop-down on the left and assigned those books to the collection. Then I go to Manage Collections and put them in the order I intend to read them and then sync/send to my Kobo. The books won't show as a collection after the first sync of putting the books on the device, but it will put the books in the collections on subsequent syncs.

Speaking of groupings is there an audiobook tab/heading that should show under "my Books" if audiobooks are added to a Kobo or are audiobooks lumped with everything else and one finds them by simply using the filter?
Asyd Rayn is offline   Reply With Quote