Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-29-2023, 11:11 PM   #1
BookJunkieLI
Evangelist
BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle 4, Nook Gl4, Nook STR, REB 1100, Ebookwise 1500,
Adding custom column data to comments

I'm currently using a Kobo Libra 2 and I would like to have some of my custom column metadata appear in the synopsis section of the View Details screen. As far as I can tell it takes this information from the comments field in Calibre.

I looked at the 'Create Custom Column from other Columns' and the 'Show with Comments in Book Details' option but this just seems to show the data after the comments field. It doesn't actually add it to the comments field.

I've been reading up on book jackets but, beyond the fact that I can't figure out what file I'm supposed to modify, it appears this just adds a page to the epub that you don't see until you've opened the book. Which is what I'm trying to avoid.

Is there a way to do this automatically that I'm just not seeing? Because I really don't want to have to do it manually with Bulk Edit.
BookJunkieLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2023, 02:41 AM   #2
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
You can do it using "Metadata Connections Pannel" (or something similar, as I'm using Spanish language for calibre)

I'm attaching my configuration (Spanish, remember) so you can guess how it can be done.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Captura de pantalla 2023-12-30 084049.png
Views:	98
Size:	14.9 KB
ID:	205478  
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2023, 07:58 AM   #3
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
You can do it using "Metadata Connections Pannel" (or something similar, as I'm using Spanish language for calibre)

I'm attaching my configuration (Spanish, remember) so you can guess how it can be done.
It's Metadata Plugboard in English.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2023, 01:40 PM   #4
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
It's Metadata Plugboard in English.
Thank you, I don't know if I've set Calibre to English at any moment
Old 01-01-2024, 03:45 PM   #5
BookJunkieLI
Evangelist
BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle 4, Nook Gl4, Nook STR, REB 1100, Ebookwise 1500,
First, I apologize for taking so long to respond. We've been hosting my 4yo nephew the last several days and forgot that I'd actually posted.

Second, thank you so much for the suggestion, Terisa. It took a little finagling but I finally got it to work. Based on what I saw in your configuration I was able to get the info I wanted to show up but it was overwriting the actual synopsis on the Kobo. By putting in the following I was able to get everything I wanted to show up.

Code:
{comments}{#addtocomments}{#review:|<div> <b>My Comments:</b> |</div>}
Thanks again for the help and have a Happy New Year!
BookJunkieLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2024, 03:52 PM   #6
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Glad to have helped and Happy New Year!