Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old 10-21-2023, 10:48 PM   #1
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Calibre viewer, the tails of letters are cut, if there are words below

Why, with some books, like "The Most Human Human" in Calibre viewer, are characters that dip below the "baseline", cut. I'm talking about letters like y, p, g, j, q.
But when there's empty space beneath a row, the letters are 100% visible.

Please see screenshots.
The red parts are cut, but the green parts (which have no words below them) are not cut.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2023-10-16 12-13-38.png
Views:	67
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	204376   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2023-10-16 12-20-19.png
Views:	54
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	204377  
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2023, 11:28 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
What line height do you have set? I have a vague memory of you asking a similar question back in 2020.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2023, 11:40 PM   #3
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Your memory of what I wrote is better than my memory! Haha. I'm not in front of my calibre computer right now so I can't answer the question. But I don't think we should have to increase the line height when there is already space, or when I don't mind having the tales of letters go over the characters on the line below.

Last edited by droopy; 10-24-2023 at 02:47 PM.
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2023, 12:08 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I think Descenders expect a line-height of 1.2 (or more)
(1.2 is normal)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote