Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old 09-22-2023, 01:55 PM   #1
tym
Connoisseur
tym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five words

Device: nook touch
text to speech issue.......any ideas??

So I have some text to speech voices on my computer. I am using an older version of calibre ebook viewer. The newer ones dont or cant seem to find the text to speech voices. Even using a trick I was told to use.

It shows and uses all my voices but for one. Now These are paid for voices, from next up, and crec voice. I have several.

The Neo Voice Bridget wont work, and Calibre cant seem to find it. Strangely enough, my other ebook viewer finds it and uses it no problem. I can even use it as my default voice for windows 10. The issue even setting it as my default windows voice, and having calibre ebook viewer use computer default voice, It not only wont use it, it changes to one of the other voices and simply cant seem to see it.

Any ideas?? Seems odd not only windows 10 but my ebook program "ice book reader pro not only sees it, but uses the bridget voice from neo voice. Thanks.
tym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2023, 10:02 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The answer remains the same as the last time you posted this question: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=352556
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2023, 07:20 PM   #3
tym
Connoisseur
tym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five words

Device: nook touch
Your solution does NOT work. If it did, I would not ask again. I have simply given up on it. The ebook viewer simply does not work as it should. No idea if it will ever start working right. Maybe with version 7??

I simply use Moon Reader Pro on Android, and On my Computer, its Ice Book Reader Pro. I am just surprised the calibre viewer is so buggy. Cant find voices, and the list of other issues just goes on and on.
tym is offline   Reply With Quote