Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-19-2023, 01:25 AM   #1
ausGeoff
Enthusiast
ausGeoff began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Arrow Kobo Libra 2, return to last page read on startup?

I have a new Libra 2, and when I wake it up it seems
to automatically sync (three chasing dots) and then
open at my Home page—instead of opening immediately
at the last page read.

Is this normal, or do I need to change some default setting.
If so, where do I find an advanced settings page? Or is this
the "normal" behaviour of the Libra 2.

—Thanks in advance.
ausGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2023, 01:42 AM   #2
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It always wakes up at my last read page for me.

The only time I ever see the 3 dots is when it is rebooting after it freezes up, which happens on rare occasions.
Karellen is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2023, 03:57 AM   #3
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It sounds like maybe you have automatic sync enabled, so it's syncing during sleep. If you turn that off, maybe you can get the normal behaviour that shows the book you're reading when you wake the device.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2023, 04:21 PM   #4
sqdancer
Guru
sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T2 T3, Kobo Glo, AuraHD, H2O, GloHD, Clara, Libra2, Kindle NT PW4
Sounds to me like it's powering off rather than just sleeping.

Go to
More
Settings
Energy Saving and Privacy
Automatically Power Off After ---- pick 'Never' in the dropdown
sqdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 09:26 PM   #5
ausGeoff
Enthusiast
ausGeoff began at the beginning.

Thanks for the suggestions folks! Much appreciated.
I'll have a fiddle around with the settings, and let you
know how I go.

I've chosen "never" for automatically powering off and
see if that sets it to open at last page read.
ausGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2023, 11:48 PM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ausGeoff View Post
Thanks for the suggestions folks! Much appreciated.
I'll have a fiddle around with the settings, and let you
know how I go.

I've chosen "never" for automatically powering off and
see if that sets it to open at last page read.
If you haven't selected "never", OOTB, your Kobo will power off after 60 minutes of idle time. This would match with you seeing it boot up when power is restored. Power on/restart will return you to the home screen.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote