Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 06-05-2023, 09:50 AM   #1
Shivan99
Shivan99 began at the beginning.

Device: kibdle
Share over the net not asking for pwd

I searched on this and could not find any related issues.

I have calibre running on ubuntu. I have share over the net activated and multiple user accounts.

If I start calibre by clicking on icon to launch the gui, the server starts up and if I try to log in via the net, it asks for userid/password like it should.

If I close the desktop and try to log in, it can't find the server. That is expected since I closed the gui.

If i start the server up using the calibre.service, I can access the server via the net but it does not require userid/passwords.

is there a way to require the calibre.service to require the userid/passwords i set up in the gui?

Thanks.
Shivan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 09:58 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Read the help for

calibre-server --help

and set the appropriate options in your service file.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2023, 11:01 AM   #3
Shivan99
Shivan99 began at the beginning.

Device: kibdle
Thank You. I did not realize that the calibre started via the service did not use the settings created in the gui.

For my purposes, I think I will keep using the gui main program. I rarely restart and if I forget to start the calibre gui, eventually someone will mention it or I will notice when i want to load a book on my kindle. Thanks for the quick reply.
Shivan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 05:51 AM   #4
henry88g
henry88g began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hello - a related question - I didn't want to start a new thread. (Linux server) All good with setting up server service with password needed options -- until one time I hit 'enter' before entering my password. Got an error message, and couldn't proceed until after editing the service file to disable password requirement. So, all ok without password.

Putting the password requirement back in the service file, reloading daemons and restarting the service brought me back to where I was - error message and stuck.

This happened once before, and I think I had to re-install, but can't quite remember.

Could someone suggest how to modify the password login procedure so that if no password is entered, the user is given another chance?
henry88g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 08:02 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Just hit refresh in your browser or restart the browser.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert