Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-05-2023, 06:34 PM   #1
Feoras
Feoras began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Wifi connection without internet access

Hallo everyone,

I want to use my Kobo Glo inside my home network but without it having internet access.
When I block the Glo's internet access (either via DNS or via my router directly) and connect to the Wifi it seems to try to contact/open kobo.com which it can not and then terminates the wifi connection (and probably some additional connectivity checks?).

I found some old posts regarding this "issue":
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh....php?p=3262734
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=271049

Those seem kinda old and the kobo patch syntax seems to have changed as well. I took a quick look into the recent libnickel.so but the functions look quite different now and I'm not versatile enough in assembler to adapt it to the new wifi logic.

Is there any known way how to disable the connectivity check for the wifi so that I can just use the Kobo inside my local home network for kobo sync and calibre-web?

Thanks for any help
Feoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2023, 03:32 PM   #2
Feoras
Feoras began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Update:
I was able to get it working by properly setting up calibre-webs kobo sync and changing the api_endpoint in the kobo config.

After this kobo still brings up a popup about not being able to connect to kobo.com but the WLAN connection stays active because it can contact my own api_endpoint.
Feoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert