Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-26-2023, 02:36 PM   #1
John IV
John IV began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Where does Calibre expose the Creator / Translator role.

Using the external program 'EPUB Metadata Editor' I am able to set a Translator or Editor for a book separate from its author (via the creator/role drop down). This is stored somewhere in the EPUB metadata as it appears again when I re-open the epub in EPUB Metadata Editor.

I can't seem to find where this extra information is exposed in Calibre for editing. It would be nice to see it on the main edit metadata page. Does this exist? Thanks -
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	91
Size:	364.1 KB
ID:	200640  
John IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 03:46 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Not from the MDE (views).

AFAIK you can only see that (role=) in the books OPF (not controlled by Calibre).

I have been manually adding various role-types into the Authors column:
Joe (trans)
Mike (creator)
Sam (illus)
Betty (ed)

BTW the () does not mess up the sort.

You could create a custom column (#roles. )
Since identifiers is not a custom type,
creator:Mike, illus:Sam

it gets ugly. matching a name with a role.
So I stick with my method.
Maybe someone will write a PI the scans for roles and makes the entru into Authors (this requires no change to Calibre)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2023, 03:47 PM   #3
Sarmat89
Evangelist
Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Calibre doesn't support roles for authors and contributors.
Sarmat89 is offline   Reply With Quote