Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 03-22-2023, 03:18 AM   #1
cherusker
cherusker began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Question input.lua permanent changes

Hello,

on my Pocketbook Touch HD 3 I want my Back button to behave like my Forward button, so I usually edit my input.lua file and replace
Code:
 [framebuffer.DEVICE_ROTATED_UPRIGHT] = {},
with
Code:
 [framebuffer.DEVICE_ROTATED_UPRIGHT] = { LPgBack = "LPgFwd", RPgBack = "RPgFwd" },
This works great, but it gets overwritten with every update of KOreader.
Is there a way to make this change permanent? Can I maybe use a DEFAULTS file for that which I'm not aware of?

Thanks for your help!
cherusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 12:19 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
There's a builtin setting to invert page buttons (can't quite remember where in the top menus, though, and the device I have on hand right now doesn't have buttons; use the menu search from the hamburger menu. It *might* only be visible in a document) .

Barring that, it *should* be doable in a user-patch (it will need to run *after* Device's init, though).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2023, 01:49 PM   #3
cherusker

I'm familiar with the built in "buttons swap function", but this is not what I want, unfortunately (this will simply swap the left and right buttons' functionality, but I want both to do "forward").

Thanks for pointing me towards the patches, I was not aware of those! I tried my best and came up with:

Code:
    local fn = '/mnt/ext1/applications/koreader/frontend/device/input.lua'

local fp = io.open( fn, "r" )
    local str = fp:read( "*all" )
    str = string.gsub( str, "[framebuffer.DEVICE_ROTATED_UPRIGHT]           = {}", "[framebuffer.DEVICE_ROTATED_UPRIGHT] = { LPgBack = \"LPgFwd\", RPgBack = \"RPgFwd\" }" )
    fp:close()

fp = io.open( fn, "w+" )
    fp:write( str )
But this does not work yet. I'm not familiar with the lua script language at all. The patch does seem to get applied when opening KOreader:

Code:
03/23/23-18:27:35 INFO  Applying patch: ./patches/1-Buttons.lua
But input.lua doesn't get changed yet. Maybe a kind soul can help me out here? Thanks!
Old 03-23-2023, 02:29 PM   #4
cherusker

OK, now it's working!!
I had to write my patch like this:

Code:
    local fn = '/mnt/ext1/applications/koreader/frontend/device/input.lua'

local fp = io.open( fn, "r" )
    local str = fp:read( "*all" )
    str = string.gsub( str, "%[framebuffer.DEVICE_ROTATED_UPRIGHT%]           = %{%}", "%[framebuffer.DEVICE_ROTATED_UPRIGHT%] = %{ LPgBack = \"LPgFwd\", RPgBack = \"RPgFwd\" %}" )

fp = io.open( fn, "w+" )
    fp:write( str )
So the brackets need the percentage sign in front of them. Cool!
Old 03-23-2023, 02:58 PM   #5
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
It's not the way KOReader user patches are intended to work.

https://github.com/koreader/koreader/wiki/User-patches
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2023, 04:28 PM   #6
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

c.f., https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ent-1325997517 for a very strong hint about the right way to do this .
Old 03-24-2023, 04:29 PM   #7
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Wrong button, yay double post ;p.

----

Said patch will require a priority prefix >= 2

Tags
config, input.lua, key, mapping, permanent