Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 02-13-2023, 07:27 AM   #1
InteractiveNinja
InteractiveNinja began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Era
Pocketbook Theme Decompiler for modern Themes

Hello everyone

I've spent the last couple of days reading up on this forum about the theming of the Pocketbook devices, as I intended to try my hand at theme creation for the Pocketbook Era.

I saw the following post about the decompiler, however it doesn't seem to work for "new" default themes (Line.zip attached). When trying to decompile the Line.pbt file a "Segmentation fault" occurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gshank View Post
I'm uploading my theme decompiler. You can use this to extract the config file and BMP resources from an existing .pbt file.

This should help in developing themes for which the theme source hasn't been made available yet.

The zip file includes a Windows upbtres.exe, and an executable for Linux, 'upbtres'.
I wanted to check if there is a new decompiler or if the source code of the decompiler is public?

I also found this project https://github.com/Enyby/pbres, however when trying to decompile the Line.pbt file a "Segmentation fault" occurs.

Unfortunately I don't know the C programming language and before I try to deal with it I wanted to check if there is already a tool to decompile "newer" standard themes.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Line.zip (2.12 MB, 101 views)
InteractiveNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 03:47 PM   #2
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
You should really be raising an issue on that GitHub project, at least that way the project's developer (or developers) can help out.
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
pocketbook era, theme