Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-09-2023, 08:33 AM   #1
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe and Libra Colour
Deleting documents from content and devices does not delete them from my Scribe

Sounds as if I’m doing something wrong, doesn’t it? Well, I’m not.

Each morning I send around five puzzles to my Scribe from my London Times digital edition, using send to kindle and saving them to my library at the same time.

After a while, they build up, as you might imagine. In the beginning, I was good at manually deleting them each day, but over time I slipped.

So, as I now had 280 documents, around half of which were just daily puzzles (cryptic crossword, killer su dokus and ken ken, if you’re interested ) I have tried to delete them from "Content and Devices" through my amazon account, which has always worked to delete from all devices in the past.

So, I deleted page after page from there, and got down to 153 documents. But, when I go back to my Scribe, all the expired puzzles are still there. I have left it on WiFi, refreshed it multiple times and restarted it a couple of times to no avail.

So I’m now going through and deleting them manually, which is a pain. Does anyone know why this behavior has been changed for the Scribe?

I cannot use the clear all documents feature, as many of my documents are imported books.
Pjama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 01:59 PM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
I was able to replicate this, but it is not a Scribe-specific issue: sent a document to 2 of my Kindles and one of the Kindle apps.

After deleting the document, it was removed from the Kindle app, but not the 2 Kindles.

Worse: after deleting the document, I re-sent the same one to the service. It's again in my Library, but I cannot send it successfully, and it doesn't show up in Library on the 2 Kindles after Sync (or on a 3rd Kindle that never downloaded it). On the Kindle app (iOS), it shows in Library, but when I try to download, it says License Limit Reached. Yet Digital Content page does not show it on any device. So I deleted it again.

But even after 'full' sync with the iOS app, it still shows in Library (thankfully only that instance of Kindle app).

It's a serious issue, and not all that subtle. But it's not clear how to get Amazon's attention to fix this.

Last edited by tomsem; 02-09-2023 at 02:39 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2023, 02:52 PM   #3
hleo12
Guru
hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo (deceased), Kindle 4th, Kindle Basic 10th Generation
I'll add to this.

I've noticed this happening in the past, and I just chalked it up as a sync issue. I just delete the document on my Kindle when it fails to sync.

But recently, I read about making a blank book with a custom cover to make custom wallpapers without jailbreaking. I was making a couple of versions for testing. Anyway, I was using send to kindle and I was deleting the documents through the website. I noticed the books were also being deleted on my Kindle because they disappeared on my homescreen. Later, when I connected my Kindle to my pc, I noticed Calibre said '2 Copies' (can't remember if that's the term Calibre uses) on some of the blank books I've sent. So my Kindle failed to delete some of the documents, but it's weird that they were removed from my homescreen.
hleo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 04:25 PM   #4
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Yes, it's difficult (for me at least) to know how new any of these issues are. I was barely using the service the last few years until I got a Scribe last month.

I could add another issue: if I use the Send To Kindle app, and select devices, the document doesn't actually get delivered to any of them.

Last edited by tomsem; 02-09-2023 at 07:31 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 08:23 AM   #5
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Wow, so this is not a new problem then? I thought it was specific to the Scribe, but when I think about it, all the previous documents I sent were books, so have not ever needed to be deleted (or, if I did delete them, it worked!).

It's a pain, as I have a lot of puzzles saved to the cloud, thinking it would be easy to delete them en mass from Content and Devices. Especially so as they are also all on my husband's Scribe, and he doesn't do these particular puzzles.

I sent my puzzles again this morning, but this time, just to my Scribe, I unchecked the save to Content and Devices option.
Advert
Old 02-10-2023, 09:09 AM   #6
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
I've not been able to delete collections on Amazon for ages. They broke over a year ago, I think because I have a DXG and PW3 on the same account.

The Web admin is madness because either Amazon or a miscreant logging into your account could delete ebooks on your Kindle.

Maybe they are going to disable web based deletion for security? They should.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 09:40 AM   #7
Pjama
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
I've not been able to delete collections on Amazon for ages. They broke over a year ago, I think because I have a DXG and PW3 on the same account.

The Web admin is madness because either Amazon or a miscreant logging into your account could delete ebooks on your Kindle.

Maybe they are going to disable web based deletion for security? They should.
Wow - that shows how often I was using it before I got my Scribe!

I would honestly rather have the web-based deletion than the new ‘feature’ they added whereby you can permanently delete books from your account using your kindle - the option for this is to easy to select by accident.

I didn’t think of the security aspect of the web-based deletion, just the convenience (not very convenient really, but easier than selecting everything one by one).
Old 02-10-2023, 12:49 PM   #8
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Last time I checked, Calibre could delete local Kindle content.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 08:32 PM   #9
Pjama
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Last time I checked, Calibre could delete local Kindle content.
Thanks, I just deleted everything manually from my Scribe, which was a bit of a pain, but a one-off. And since then I have sent the puzzles from my MacBook using send to kindle, and just sending them to my device, not backing up to the cloud. I’m just deleting the puzzles each day as I complete them so they don’t build up again.