Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 02-08-2023, 07:42 AM   #1
pickil11
pickil11 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Bold and Italic Issues

Hey All,

After converting my Word doc to an EPUB I replace the generic style sheet with a custom one and then go through and rename all the generic classes and make sure formatting is correct, etc...

So, my contacts page I replace with one I already have preformatted as the classes stay the same across series and only fonts and stuff change. So apparently at one point my h2 on this page was bold, but it is not showing me the option to REMOVE the bold. If I go into my css styles and change the font-weight to normal it overrides the bold here, but I want the HTML file to not have the bold in the first place. There is no b or strong tags, nor is there any other classes.
I tried highlighting the words and click the bold button to undo the bold and NOTHING still bold. If I highlight text that ISN'T bold and click on bold it changes the text to bold WITHOUT adding the HTML tag b or strong. I noticed when I was changing a word to italics on another page it did the same thing, made the word italic BUT didn't actually add the html tag.

So, yes I can just use css to override, but I dont want to do that. I could paste into Word and unbold it and then paste it back but thats a workaround that I shouldn't have to do.

pickil11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 07:52 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You need to remove the bold in CSS. The <h2> is bold by default.

Code:
font-style: normal;
That is what you need to add to h2 or SubTitle.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert