Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-09-2022, 12:23 PM   #1
Wiggo
Leftutti
Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo Libra 2
number of books and metadata.opf differs

Calibre 6.8.0 and Win10.

After each Calibre session I check via win explorer search if the number of metadata.opf in the library folder corresponds to the number of books in Calibre.
Yesterday the number was x+1. A bit confused I did a library check, but everything was ok.
Why do I have one more metadata.opf in the library folder than books in Calibre?
Wiggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 06:35 PM   #2
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
I'm not sure why Library Check would've failed to find it (assuming it is a stray file), but here's another method that might be able to identify it:

Library > Switch/Create Library > Move the current library to new location.

When doing this, any files that Calibre hasn't accounted for are left in the old location—I found this out with folder.ico and desktop.ini.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 11-09-2022 at 06:39 PM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2022, 12:19 PM   #3
Wiggo
Leftutti
Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I will try, thank you
Old 11-10-2022, 01:54 PM   #4
Wiggo
Leftutti

It was even more strange.

I always sync my library to a flash drive with FreeFileSync.
Compared both, no differences, but on the flashdrive only x opf files.
So I deleted the main library, copied it back and everything is ok again.