Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 10-11-2022, 05:06 AM   #1
slink
slink began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Remove Old Databases from Content-Server

I'm running on Windows. I've had the content server up and running fine but I moved my library to a new folder in Calibre (using the move to new location option) and then I moved it again (for reasons). That is all fine in Calibre but when I restart the content server I can see the old library locations listed. Is there a way to remove these from the server/Calibre config? I can't seem to find where the config files that lists these out is located in Windows.
slink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 05:20 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
click the library button in calibre and in the resulting menu there will be an entry to remove libraries.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2022, 06:23 AM   #3
slink

thanks for the reply but I don't see that option.
If I click the library button in the toolbar I get the Choose your Library screen and if I click the down arrow next to it I get a menu that includes Library Maintenance but there is nothing in the menu to do with deleting libraries.

However, I just updated to the latest version and that seems to have fixed the problem

Thanks
Old 10-11-2022, 01:36 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Slink
What are you doing?
Content Server is for Users on the network to see your Library content using a Web Browser on their device/PC. If you want to limit what Libraries they see or do, then you mast create User Accounts (Preferences: Sharing over the net. User Accounts (tab) )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 03:27 PM   #5
slink

That’s not really related. I am the user on the network accessing my library from a kobo so I can more easily transfer books to it locally.

I’m merely migrating my library to a new location and wanted to not see the old library still listed on the content server.
Advert
Old 10-11-2022, 03:41 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by slink View Post
That’s not really related. I am the user on the network accessing my library from a kobo so I can more easily transfer books to it locally.

I’m merely migrating my library to a new location and wanted to not see the old library still listed on the content server.
AFAIK The content server uses the List of known Libraries on the Library Icon.
Just select Delete (Only removes the entry, not the Library)

My previous users answer still stands IF you don't want to clean the Switch List.
I have 2 Content server logons set up. one is limited to a single Library (and no changes), the other shows all of mine, and allows changes)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote